Blogtober 2019 Day 13: Spookathon Edition!

5:56:00 PM


Hi hello and welcome to day 13 of Blogtober 2019! If you don't know what Blogtober is or are curious as to what I'll be posting throughout the month, feel free to check out my Preparing for Blogtober 2019 post to find out what it's all about! Today is the Spookathon edition and I'll be talking about my TBR for the readathon. If you don't know what Spookathon is, it's a readathon hosted by BooksandLala every year in October. If you want to learn more about the readathon and the challenges, be sure to check out Lala's announcement video. Let's get spooky!
_________________________________________________________________________________

read a thriller

The Turn of the Key by Ruth Ware. This is one that I have heard so many good things about and I am so excited to finally get a chance to read it! Lala herself has given this book high praise and since I trust her thriller recommendations, I will absolutely be picking this up as soon as the readathon starts!

read a book with red on the cover

We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix. This wasn't initially on my TBR for this readathon (or my TBR in general, if I'm being honest because I had no idea this book existed) but then I watched Natasha from myreadingisodd talk about her Spookathon TBR and this book was one she planned to read and I just knew I had to read it. Not only is the cover stunning but the last line of the synopsis is just perfection: "...where only a girl with a guitar can save us all." Sign me up!

read a book with a spooky word in the title & read a book with a spooky setting

Kill Creek by Scott Thomas. This book has been on my TBR for a bit (it's on my October TBR!) so when I saw the challenges for Spookathon, I realized that this book actually fit for spooky word, red on the cover, and spooky setting. So, I will be doubling up with this book! But this is about a horror writer that goes to spend the night in a haunted house with other horror writers. What could go wrong, right?

read something you wouldn't normally read

Mooncakes by Wendy Xu and Suzanne Walker. I have been waiting for this graphic novel to come out for what feels like forever, oh my goodness. It comes out on the second day of the readathon and I'm hoping I'll be able to get my hands on a copy to read it. I don't usually read graphic novels but I've heard so many good things about Mooncakes that I am dying to read it!
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for my Spookathon TBR! I would love to know if anyone else is participating in the readathon and what you plan to read. Do we have any of the same books on our TBR? What is one book you hope to get to above all else? Mine is The Turn of the Key, personally, as I am just dying to know what has everyone raving about how good it is. Let me know in the comments if you'll be taking part in Spookathon! Thanks for stopping by and I'll scare ya later!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D