Blogtober Day 12: Nightmare Before Christmas Tag

6:47:00 PM


Hi hello and welcome to day 12 of Blogtober 2019! If you don't know what Blogtober is or are curious as to what I'll be posting throughout the month, feel free to check out my Preparing for Blogtober 2019 post to find out what it's all about! Today, I'll be doing the Nightmare Before Christmas tag which was created by VivisBooks. Nightmare Before Christmas is my favorite film of all time so I was super excited to find this tag and make it a part of my Blogtober posts. Let's get spooky!
_________________________________________________________________________________



Sally: A character who loves someone a lot and gets them in the end


Okay, it might not actually fit the prompt, but I thought I'd start off with a joke. But all jokes aside, this book is incredible and I love how unique it is with putting You as the subject and making the reader feel like Joe is the one talking to you and stalking you. It's just fabulously written and I highly recommend it!


Jack: A character that longs for more


Lila Bard from A Darker Shade of Magic. While she is set in her ways in Grey London, she can feel like she is destined to do more, to be more. And I love the journey that she goes through in this book and also in the sequel, which I am currently reading and loving.


Zero: A sidekick character


If Jacob ever actually was referred to as a sidekick, I think he would go nuclear. But Jacob is Cassidy's ghost best friend in City of Ghosts and he does the best job at helping her solve mysteries and keeping her safe and I just absolutely adore this cinnamon roll ghost boy!


Oogie Boogie: A book with a wicked villain


Not only does Vicious have one wicked villain, it has two. And yes, Victor is a villain, just not in the way that Eli is. They both have their own wicked qualities, and Eli may be more on the chaotic evil side, but don't forget that this series is called the Villains series, and that just because one may not appear evil, that doesn't mean that they're good.


Halloween Town: A book with a creepy theme


Riley Sager is a master at the thriller genre. I can't even begin to describe how much I love his writing and Lock Every Door is absolute perfection. The setting is a fancy apartment building and the main character is getting paid to house sit for the owner of one of the apartments. But the twist? She can't spend the night away, she can't have visitors, and she can't speak to the other tenants. And that's not even the worst of it. I highly recommend all three of his books and I am so excited for his new book, Home Before Dark!


Christmas Town: A book that left you feeling warm and fuzzy


If it's not already apparent by me creating a Kpop Book Tag, I am trash for kpop. And not just one group but like, a ton. So when I got an email that was a review request for a kpop book called Comeback, I jumped at the chance and I ended up loving this so much that I sat there and cried. I'm so hoping that this was the first of many books in this kpop series by Lyn Ashwood and Rachel Rose because I am soft for these boys and I want them to be real so bad!


What is this?: A book that took you by surprise


What the actual heck was this book. I got the recommendation from Books and Lala and once I started reading, I did not want to stop! This was such a wild ride and I was not expecting the twists it took nor the ending. If you're looking for a thriller that will leave you shook (that's what the kids say these days right?) then definitely pick up My Lovely Wife!
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for the Nightmare Before Christmas tag! I tried to stick to more thriller-y type books for this but I definitely noticed I put mostly V.E. Schwab books in there. Not really sorry for that as she's the author of my favorite book. But hopefully I was able to introduce you to a few new books that you might want to pick up at some point! I'd love to know what some of your answers for these questions would be so feel free to leave them in the comments! Thanks for stopping by and I'll scare ya later!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D