Blogtober 2019 Day 17: Autumn Tag by Jenniely!

8:59:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to day 17 of Blogtober 2019! If you don't know what Blogtober is or are curious as to what I'll be posting throughout the month, feel free to check out my Preparing for Blogtober 2019 post to find out what it's all about! I'm a little behind on some posts and I've been skipping a bunch but I'm still trying to get back into the hang of blogging so I'm actually pretty proud of myself this month. Today, I'll be doing the Autumn tag by Jenniely who is one of my all-time favorite bloggers! I love her super unique content and her graphics are absolutely stunning. Please be sure to go and check out her original post and some of the other awesome posts that she has on her blog. Let's get spooky!
_________________________________________________________________________________

1. Hot Chocolate: What is your comfort book?

Surprise, surprise I'm talking about Vicious again! But seriously, I have so many reasons as to why this book is my all-time favorite but I don't want to bore anyone with them. This book just brings me so much happiness and comfort when I'm reading it and I know I will always feel this way about this book no matter how many times I read it.

2. Pumpkin Carving: What is your favorite creative outlet?

Writing. I'm not the best at it but I've always been in love with writing ever since I was a kid. I remember writing some terrible songs and poetry and stuff like that, but it was always my way of expressing myself. I also wrote some fanfic back in the day and oof it will never be shared anywhere ever again. But it's been a part of my life for so long and my dream (well, current dream because I tend to change my mind a lot) is to become an author and I'm finally making my way towards that goal this year!

3. Falling Leaves: Changes that appear bad but you secretly love?

Book cover changes! This might be controversial but I actually really enjoy cover changes. It does drive me nuts if it happens in the middle of a series but if it's something like this, where the series is done and it gets a new cover for all of the books, I'm always excited to see what the new covers are! I just think it's cool to see new interpretations of the book from new artists and compare the visuals from the older covers to the new ones. It's just something I really enjoy that not a lot of people seem to like, but that's totally fine because it makes me happy and that's what matters!

4. Pumpkin Spiced Latte: Something you love that others tend to judge

Collecting several editions of the same book. My husband, Jamie, makes so much fun of me for having several editions of the same book! But he also supports me despite not understanding why I like to collect certain books/editions of books and will do all he can to help me get the books I want. Now that's husband goals right there. Side note, this isn't my entire Nevernight collection, I just can't fit them all on my desk. I also collect Vicious and The Cruel Prince series and I plan on starting to collect the A Darker Shade of Magic trilogy! No, I don't have a problem, you do.

5. Bonfire Night: What makes you explode with joy?

It's super cheesy but every time I say "my husband" I just geek out so hard. It's been a wild ride for Jamie and I still can't believe that we got married! And obviously, my son makes me explode with joy! Sora is the light of my life and he makes me so happy all the time. Even if I'm having the worst day ever, he's always there to smile at me and be super sweet to me and cheer me up. Seriously, he's the best little dude ever and I adore him so much.

6. Fright Night: Favorite scary book or film

This is a difficult question to answer, as I have a ton of horror films that I really enjoy. I just binge-watched the Scream trilogy twice this past week and can definitely say it's still one of my favorite horror film series ever! I'm not sure I have a number one favorite, so I'll just list a few of the ones I love: Halloween H20, The Forest, The Descent, Thirteen Ghosts, The Devil's Rejects, 31, and Scream 3. As for scary books, I love Gerald's Game by Stephen King!


7. Halloween Candy: Favorite thing to eat

I'm going to assume this means favorite Halloween candy to eat and go with Snickers! I've been obsessed with these this month for some reason and have eaten probably an unhealthy amount of them. Jamie's favorite candy happens to be Snickers so my obsession means he doesn't get his favorite candy during the Halloween season. Oops! Also, I'm probably one of three people on Earth that actually enjoys candy corn and also those super thick sugar cookies. You know the ones and yes, I love them.

8. Scarves: Your Autumn ‘must have’ accessory

I'm always cold, even in the Summer, so I'm pretty much always found wearing a hoodie and long pants. But Jamie just got me a blanket scarf and I'm in love with it! I have a "thing" about having stuff around my neck but this is light enough to where it doesn't bother me. I'm so excited to have another thing to keep me warm, especially now that the weather is getting colder in Georgia.

9. Fire: A book or film that burns your soul

I'm going to interpret this in a positive way and go with Moana. This film was the one that I watched almost every day I was in the hospital and then when I was going through chemo. It just means so much to me and warms my soul in the best way. And I'm sure you can already guess what book I would pick at this point so I'm not even going to say it!

10. Toffee Apples: A book or film that seems one thing but really has a different inside

I just finished The Turn of the Key for Spookathon and oh my goodness was it incredible. I really enjoyed the format of it being a letter and the main character recounting the events in the letter. It makes you think that the plot is going one way and then rips the rug out from under you and takes you on a different path entirely! It was such a wild ride and I'm so happy I was finally able to read it.
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for the Autumn Tag! Don't forget to go check out the original post from Jenniely which is linked above. If you decide to do this tag, be sure to link back to Jenniely's post and I would also love to know what some of your answers would be. Let me know down in the comments what your favorite horror film and/or book is since it's spooky season and I'm always up for new spooky stuff to read and watch. Thanks for stopping by and I'll scare ya later!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D