Kpop Book Tag (Original)!

5:35:00 PM


Hi hello and welcome to the Kpop Book Tag! This is an original tag (at least, I think it is?) I've created that is made up of some of my favorite groups in the world of kpop and book related questions. If you don't know what kpop is, it's Korean pop music! It's catchy and fun and very easy to get lost in. Like, very very easy. Below, you will find 13 kpop songs paired with 13 bookish questions and if you're interested in listening to any of the songs, I've made a playlist that you can check out here! At the end of this post, I'll be talking about the reasons I picked these songs/groups and about my favorite (also known as my bias) in each group so if you're interested in any of that, be sure to stick around to the end. Let's get started!
_________________________________________________________________________________

1. Red Velvet- Peek-a-Boo
Name a book that surprised you with how much you loved it

Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid. I have heard so much buzz about The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by this author and I really wanted to check out one of her other books before diving into this one just to get a feel for how she wrote. I wasn't expecting much, although the premise really had me interested, and it absolutely blew me away. I didn't fly through it (even though I really wanted to) because I wanted to savor every page. This was a book that has definitely stuck with me and it caught me off guard with how much I ended up loving it!

2. Twice- TT
A book that makes you cry

The Last Wish of Sasha Cade by Cheyenne Young. Oof, this one definitely makes me bawl like a baby. Not only does the main character's best friend die of cancer, but she dies of the exact type of cancer that I had and was cured of. It's rough and definitely brings up a lot of feelings that I don't exactly like feeling or thinking about, but this book is just so fantastic that I can't help but love it and recommend it to everyone.

3. Twice- Cheer Up
A book that makes you happy

Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo. Did you honestly think I wouldn't mention a book about kpop in a kpop book tag? This book was SO STINKIN CUTE and it made me smile and I was just so incredibly happy the entire time I was reading it. 

4. Itzy- Dalla Dalla
A debut author you instantly fell in love with

Emily A. Duncan. I read Wicked Saints in December and have been screaming about it ever since. I love Emily's writing and her murder children are just perfection. It feels like Emily has been writing for years and years but she is a debut author and she absolutely slays. This book has been incredibly hyped for...I can't even remember how long, but the hype around it is real, friends. Trust me, this is a book you do not want to miss.

5. BTS (Steve Aoki)- Mic Drop
Your favorite author duo

Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman. End of story, thank you very much, have a nice day.

6. Agust D- Agust D
A book by your favorite author that you recommend to everyone

Vicious by V.E. Schwab. I haven't had an official favorite book for...ever I think? But I finally read this in October 2018 and just knew that I had finally found my favorite book. I can't exactly explain what made it my favorite, or why I love it so much, I just do

7. BTS- Anpanman
A book with your favorite hero/heroine (or villain!)

Mia Corvere from Nevernight by Jay Kristoff. She's just so badass and incredible and whether you consider her a hero, heroine, villain, what have you, you cannot deny that she's fantastic. 

8. 2NE1- Ugly
A book that first got you into reading

I've been reading for pretty much my entire life, honestly. I remember reading with my mom when I was very little and I haven't stopped since. A book or series that really sticks out to me from way back in the day is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. I had this tiny edition with a really pretty cover that I loved to pieces and read all the time!

9. Blackpink- Playing With Fire
A book you love that others don't/ your favorite unpopular book

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. Yup, I still love it at 26 years old. It was a book I read in middle school when my mom ordered it for me out of those Scholastic book catalogs that used to be a thing back in the day. Does anyone remember those or is it just me? Anyway, I started reading it in 8th grade and a lot of people got interested in it after I loaned my copy to my Language Arts teacher who wanted to read it. She ended up loving it so much and knew that I did as well that she got New Moon and let me read it as soon as it came out! I used to joke that I'm the reason that Twilight got so big but that's really just a joke. But yes, I still love that book and will probably always be trash for it. 

10. BTS- War of Hormone
A book you read while growing up that stuck with you as an adult

1984 by George Orwell and Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I couldn't pick just one so here are two that I really loved back in the day! I still love them, honestly. I read both of these in 6th grade I believe so I was about 10/11 I believe? I definitely got weird looks from pretty much all of the adults in my school for reading these at such a young age, but I was a very advanced reader at the time so no one was really surprised. 

11. K/DA- Pop/Stars
A book you enjoyed by an author that wrote outside of their usual genre

There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins. To be fair, I haven't read any of her other books, so I can't exactly compare this to her other work. All I knew was that a usually fluffy contemporary author was writing a horror book and I was interested in it. While it wasn't the most fantastic horror book ever, I still enjoyed it! It was kinda cheesy and horror trope-y, but I had a good time while reading it and that's what matters.

12. 4Minute- Crazy
Oldie but a goodie

Invisible Monsters by Chuck Palahniuk. I first read this in 2011 and it has stuck with me ever since. I definitely recommend this to anyone and everyone and will probably love this book for the rest of forever. It's so...weird and amazing and there's nothing like it out there, and I think that's why I love it so much. 

13. Girls Generation (SNSD)- I Got A Boy
Your favorite bookish couple (or friendship!)

Jude and Cardan from The Folk of the Air series by Holly Black. They're toxic as all get out to each other and probably two of the worst people ever in their own ways but dangit if I don't love them together and I will cry over them forever.
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's the kpop book tag! I had a lot of fun thinking of some of my favorite songs and groups and putting them with some bookish prompts to create this. Now, I'll talk a little bit about these groups and my reasoning behind picking them, my favorite song, and also who my bias is out of each group! If you're not interested in this, feel free to scroll to the bottom for my final comments! 

Red Velvet:  So, my favorite Red Velvet song is definitely Russian Roulette! It used to be Ice Cream Cake and then it was Dum Dum, but then Russian Roulette came out and stole my soul entirely. Picking a bias is a little difficult because I for some reason never have? But I always gravitate towards Irene so I suppose that means she would be my bias! I picked Peek-A-Boo because it's the song I've had on repeat the most recently by Red Velvet and I also thought it would be fun to include a book that really caught me off guard and that I ended up loving!

Twice: I love their upbeat and cutesy songs that they release! They always make me happy and smile no matter what one I'm listening to. My first Twice song was Cheer Up so I really wanted to include that in this tag because it's a really memorable song for me. And obviously, I needed a counter to the "sad" book with TT so Cheer Up was the obvious choice. My favorite song is probably Like OOH-AHH  (I absolutely adore the music video with all of the zombies) and my bias is Jeongyeon!

Itzy: Itzy is a brand new group and they have definitely taken the world of kpop by storm! At least, I think so. I love Dalla Dalla so much because it's so catchy and positive and I instantly related it to a book by a debut author. As far as my bias for Itzy, I am obsessed with Yeji. But that's no surprise because I tend to love the rappers of kpop groups!

BTS: And here we are at my favorite kpop group, oh boy. I am absolute trash for BTS and have been since about 2016, I believe. There are quite a few BTS songs in this tag and, well, now you know why! My bias is RM and my bias wrecker (basically the one that keeps trying to steal your bias spot) is Hobi! Although, honestly, Tae and Yoongi keep trying me and so does Jin so...who knows at this point who my actual wrecker is. As far as my favorite BTS song, it's hard to choose just one! I get hyped up for Baepsae for sure (the dance practice is one of my favorite videos to watch) but I also love Run, I Need U, Save Me, No More Dream, We Are Bulletproof pt.2, Fire, and Fake Love. 

Agust D: This is Yoongi (or Suga) from BTS doing his solo stuff and honestly, we were blessed when he did this. I love Agust D and Give it to Me, but my favorite of his solo songs is So Far Away

2NE1: This was my first introduction to the world of kpop back in 2013/2014 I believe it was. My fiance sent me a link to Ugly and said he thought it looked like something I would like and, well, here I am all these years later absolutely in love with kpop! I knew I had to include Ugly because it was the song that started it all for me so I wanted to pair it with the prompt of the book that got you into reading. My favorite 2NE1 song is Come Back Home, but it's the acoustic version because good lord it is beautiful. Oh, and my bias always has been and always will be Minzy <3 My very first bias before I even know what the term bias was!

Blackpink: I was fairly into the kpop world when Blackpink debuted in August 2016 and immediately knew that these girls were going to ruin my life in the best way possible. I remember watching their dance practice video that my friend shared with me and just died over Lisa's dancing skills. Three years later and I'm still shook over that video! My favorite song by Blackpink is Stay and my bias of the group is Jisoo (with my bias wrecker being Lisa because she was initially my favorite but then Jisoo stole my heart)!

K/DA: So...this isn't technically a kpop group but rather a computer generated kpop group by Riot Games, the company behind League of Legends. Although they do have actual singers (two of them are from G-idle!) so I guess they're kind of legit? But anyway, I figured this would go well with the crossover question! They only have one song currently and my bias in the group is Akali! Although when I play the game, I actually play the Support role and am garbage at Akali, oops.

4Minute: Here's another throwback for me and also a bit of a heartbreaking one because 4Minute has also disbanded. I thought this would be a good group to use for a throwback question which is an oldie but a goodie! For my favorite song by 4Minute, that would definitely be Crazy and my bias is Jiyoon!

Girls Generation: And here we are, the final prompt and final group! GG has been a staple in my kpop listening for many years so I definitely felt like I needed to include them in this tag. My first GG song was I Got A Boy but my favorite song is a toss-up between You Think and Run Devil Run and my bias is Sunny!
_________________________________________________________________________________

 Thank you so much for checking out my Kpop Book Tag! I really hope that this was a fun tag to read through and that if you're a fan of kpop that it brought you a bit of happiness to see books and kpop paired together. And if you've never heard of kpop before, I hope that I was able to introduce you to some new music that you'll definitely enjoy. Don't forget to check out the playlist that I created to go along with the tag in case you want to hear any of the songs that I included!

If you made it this far, let me know some of your favorite kpop songs, groups, and your bias because I would love to chat about this some more. Seriously, I could talk about kpop all day. If you want to do this tag, please go ahead and if you'd be so kind, don't forget to link back to this post so that others can see the original. If you do end up doing this tag, please let me know so I can check it out and see your answers! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this! I get so excited when I see posts about books + kpop. Red Velvet won me over with their catchy, youthful songs but their "dual concept" is no joke because I also LOVED their song Bad Boy. Tae is my favorite in BTS but also Jin!! My favorite group is BTOB, probably because I'm a sucker for ballads and their vocalists are all amazing, and recently my favorite song has been Seventeen's Home.

    I'm sooo excited for Somewhere Only We Know and enjoyed Maybe In Another Life as well. (Evelyn Hugo is still my favorite, I thought Daisy Jones was just ok but everyone has been raving about it!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D