Blogtober 2019 Day 19: Bullet Journal Flip Through!

8:44:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to day 19 of Blogtober 2019! If you don't know what Blogtober is or are curious as to what I'll be posting throughout the month, feel free to check out my Preparing for Blogtober 2019 post to find out what it's all about! Today, I'll be showing you guys a flip through of my October bullet journal spread. I typically follow Amanda Rach Lee's monthly spreads but try to put some of my own ideas in there. Be sure to go and check out her video where she does her October 2019 spread because it's a lot better than my disaster of a spread. Let's get spooky!
_________________________________________________________________________________


The beginning of my October spread has two pages, which isn't common for me to do but I just couldn't resist when Amanda did her design for this month. Not only is this entire spread in black and white, but I also got some black paper from Hobby Lobby to do the black spreads that Amanda does! So on the left is a quote from Moonchild by RM, who is a member of the kpop group BTS. It's done completely with a Gelly Roll 10 white pen and I love how pretty it ended up being! And on the right is the opening page with the month name and the phases of the moon. I will say I didn't realize that the phases were incorrect until Amanda herself pointed it out in a video recently so yes, I messed up the phases of the moon and no, I don't care enough to fix it. There are also some pretty dots and small stars that are surrounding the moon phases and I am just super proud of how this turned out. It was a difficult page for me to do as I am not artistic but I am a perfectionist with my journal so me being super happy with it is a big deal!



My first spread is my calendar spread! This is probably my favorite style of calendar that I've done in my journal because it takes up a decent amount of the page and still looks neat and compact. I basically just use this to track things like doctor appointments, book releases, things to do with readathons, important things for Sora, and holidays/birthdays. At the top on the right of the spread is October with some moon phases and stars and at the bottom, across both pages, it says "stay wild moon child" with more stars and dots and a filled-in moon with some white stars and dots. 


The next two pages are my habit tracker and my mood/pain tracker. I have some simple tasks that I like to track (but I'm not always good at completing these tasks as you can see) and below that I plan to put a "Books Read in October" section where I'll track the books and their ratings from the month of October. On the right side is my mood and pain tracker set up to be the phases of the moon from this month. I'm a recovering cancer patient and I feel it's important to track my pain levels from day to day to see if I'm improving at all. I usually have more than 3 colors to track my mood and pain levels but I wanted to keep with the black and white theme, although I did add in some light and dark grey to help me track these things. At the bottom of the habit tracker, I have the start of a quote from A Court of Thorns and Roses that says "To the stars who listen" and on the top of the right page the quote is finished with "and the dreams that are answered" and I really liked how this fit in with the moon and stars theme this month. And no, I still haven't read that series don't @ me.


My final "spread" is my October TBR on the left page with the phases of the moon at the top of the page. I don't actually plan to read every book on this list but these are all of the ones that I would like to try and read during the spooky month. I'm currently reading Ninth House and plan to start Gideon the Ninth as well even though I'm in the middle of doing Spookathon and neither of those are on my TBR. Oops. But on the right side is another black paper insert with my book line poem from a previous Blogtober post where I did book line poetry!



And the final page of my October bullet journal is a quote page where I plan to put all of the quotes that I like from the books that I read throughout the month. So far, this is one of my favorite ones from Ninth House! Hopefully I have many more quotes to add to this page before the month is over.
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for my October bullet journal spread! I've never shared my bullet journal before because I'm very new to doing it and my spreads are usually pretty boring but I was super proud of this one and couldn't wait to show it off. Are you into bullet journaling? I'd love to see some photos of your October spread! Feel free to leave me a comment telling me about your spread or leave me a link to your Instagram if you post your bullet journal photos there so I can see your beautiful work! Thanks for stopping by and I'll scare ya later!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D