12 Days of Bookmas 2016 Day Two: Top 2 YA Debuts!

8:21:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to day two of 12 Days of Bookmas 2016! This was created by Hailey in Bookland so be sure to go check out her links listed at the end of this post and get in on all of the amazing book related fun. Today I'm going to talk about 2 of my favorite 2016 YA debuts and boy, were these some amazing books. I fell so in love with these two books and I am so excited for their sequels releasing in 2017 that I'm quite literally counting down the days until their release. Let's get started!



The Abyss Surrounds Us by Emily Skrutskie

I read this book back in December of 2015, so about a year ago, and it has still stuck with me to this day. I still remember picking this up and by the time I had finished the first chapter, I was hooked. Cas was amazing, and her world was so much fun to read about because it was one that was very unique but still reminded me of one of my favorite movies, Pacific Rim. By the time I finished reading, I was dying for more! Of course, the book was only released in February, so I've been waiting for quite some time for the sequel. This was definitely one of my top books of 2016 (although I read it at the end of 2015, like I said above) and I am so happy that I took a chance and hit that request button. 


True Born by L.E. Sterling

I believe this is L.E. Sterling's YA debut, so that counts, right? Right. Where to even begin with True Born. This book initially caught my eye with its simple yet beautiful cover, and I was absolutely hooked when I read the synopsis. I flew through this so quickly because it was so hard to put down once I got started. The writing was incredible and the plot just got better and better with every turn of the page. True Born is also on my list of best reads of 2016, and the sequel cannot get here fast enough! Also, because of the wonderful Entangled Teen, I was able to interview the author and I had such an amazing experience with that. If you're interested, check out my interview with L.E. Sterling here!

What are your top two YA debuts of 2016? Leave a comment down below and let me know! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow for day three!

Youtube: Hailey in Bookland
Twitter- @hailsinbookland
Instagram- @haileyinbookland
Snapchat- @hailsheartsnyc


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D