12 Days of Bookmas 2016 Day Seven: Top 7 Series Finales/Sequels of 2016!

6:24:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to day seven of 12 Days of Bookmas 2016! This was created by Hailey in Bookland so be sure to go check out her links listed at the end of this post and get in on all of the amazing book related fun. Today I'm going to be talking about my top seven series finales/sequels of 2016! I haven't read seven sequels/finales this year, so some of these may be "sequels/finales I want to read in 2017!" Let's get started!


Demigods and Monsters by Raye Wagner

This book, I did read, and I absolutely loved! I'm so in love with the world that Raye Wagner has created and Hope is one of my all-time favorite characters. This book follows Hope as she continues her quest to break Apollo's curse and it is definitely one of my favorite sequels ever. The writing is just so amazing and easy to get lost in and the characters are so unforgettable. If you're interested, check out my review here, and keep an eye out for my Myths of Immortality review, coming soon!


Forget Me Always by Sara Wolf

I remember getting this book in the mail from the wonderful Entangled Teen (thank you for always being so generous and all around awesome!) and getting so excited to read it just from the synopsis. But then I realized it was a sequel, and I was so upset because this sounded like a book that I could really get into. So, I went and picked up Love Me Never and flew through it in no time at all. I was right, I really got into this series. Forget Me Always was an insanely good sequel that I just could not put down. By the end, I was dying for the third (and possibly final?) book in the series and am so excited for the release date! Again, if you're interested in my thoughts on this sequel, check out my review here!


Rhodi Rising by Megan Linski

If you've kept up with my reviews in 2016, this book should be no surprise at all. This is the sequel to Rhodi's Light and if you haven't read the series, I highly suggest picking it up. Trust me, it's worth it. Rhodi Rising continues the story of Dylan and Devin and their journey as new Rhodi warriors fighting to return to their masters, Tavana and Talidin. It's just one of the most perfect series that I've read in a long time (definitely one of my favorite series of 2016, hands down) and I love recommending it to anyone looking for a fantastic new YA series that is impossible to put down. Be aware that there may be spoiler for the first book, but feel free to check out my review here!


The Valiant by Cheyanne Young

This is the sequel to City of Legends which follows superhero Maci Knight as she continues her journey to prove she is worthy to follow in the footsteps of her father and brother. No spoilers, but this trilogy is so much fun and is such a unique concept. I haven't read a series about superheroes before, so this was something I was diving headfirst into with no idea how I would feel about it, but I actually ended up binge reading all three books in maybe two days! This is definitely worth a pick up if you're looking for something that is refreshingly different.


Cursing Fate by Brenda Drake

Another wonderful title from Entangled Teen that I devoured in just a few hours. Seriously, they put out some A+ books! This is the sequel to Touching Fate and follows the sister of the main character from the first book as she navigates the crazy new world of Fate Changing. This was such a quick, fun read and I'm so excited for the next one! If you're interested, check out my review here, but be aware there may be spoilers!


These last two are sequels I hope to get to in 2017, as I haven't even read the first book in the series oops. I've heard nothing but good things about both of these sequels and their predecessors, so I really can't wait to finally read these and hop on the hype train!

So those are my top seven sequels of 2016! Let me know in the comments below some of your favorite sequels of 2016 and I'll see you tomorrow!

Go find Hailey in Bookland and tell her hi!

Youtube: Hailey in Bookland
Twitter- @hailsinbookland
Instagram- @haileyinbookland
Snapchat- @hailsheartsnyc

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D