12 Days of Bookmas 2016 Day Four: Top 4 Underrated Books of 2016!

11:35:00 PM


Hi hello and welcome to day four of 12 Days of Bookmas 2016! This was created by Hailey in Bookland so be sure to go check out her links listed at the end of this post and get in on all of the amazing book related fun. Today, I'll be talking about my top 4 underrated books of 2016. In my opinion, these books did not get enough hype (I don't even know how because these four are all absolutely incredible books) but I'm here today to change that. Hopefully I'll be able to introduce someone to a few new books and spread the word about how amazing these four books are!


American Girls by Alison Umminger- Review here!

A YA book that involves the main character diving into the infamous Manson murders? Sign me up. As someone who is kind of very obsessed with serial killers, this book was everything I wanted. But surprisingly, I didn't see much about it anywhere. I was shocked because after reading it and finding out it was so much more than just the main character researching the murders, (seriously guys, this whole book is incredible and took me by surprise and is probably my favorite contemporary of 2016) I was sure that this book would be everywhere and I would have a chance to discuss it with at least one person. I may live under a rock, but I just never saw people getting as excited about this book as I thought they should have. I'd throw a parade for American Girls if I could get away with it! Just take a chance and pick it up, you won't regret it.



Dark Matter by Blake Crouch- Review here!

Despite my Goodreads telling me that me and three thousand other people read this book, I just can't believe it. Not because the book wasn't good, it was amazing, but because I just can't recall anyone else talking about it! I discovered this book from Holly By Golly Books back in July and have maybe seen one other person talking about it since then. Dark Matter skyrocketed to the top of my TBR when I got an ARC and I flew through it faster than I wanted to. As a science nerd, this was right up my alley, and I fell head over heels in love with it so quickly. I feel like there was not enough hype about this book, but maybe I just missed it. If you haven't heard of it, or read it yet, go pick it up!

ReMade Series by Various Authors

This series. I heard about it while watching an Owlcrate unboxing video a while back and it immediately sparked my interest. When I found out it was on NetGalley, I immediately started the first episode and have just gone downhill from there. I'm so invested in this series and it's almost over and I'm just not prepared for the ending! But I haven't really heard much of anything about this series from anyone, and it's really surprising because it's so good. Each episode is written by a different author but it builds on previous episodes and with only two left until the end, I can't even begin to think about how it's going to wrap up. I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a science-fiction/dystopian series with super quick reads with each episode!


Rhodi's Light by Megan Linski- Review here!

I stumbled upon this book while looking at the YA Bound Book Tours website and decided to take a chance on it. I signed up to read/review the trilogy not knowing how much of an impact it would have on my life. I fell so in love with the world that Megan Linski created and found myself so incredibly invested in everything that had to do with these characters. I laughed with them, I cried with them, and I still love them more than anything. I got so into it that I even listened to the soundtrack that Megan Linski created for the books. Multiple times. No shame. This trilogy is one that I hold close to my heart and I'm so grateful to have been given the opportunity to read it. Also, I was able to make a new friend while reading these books and we just happen to share the same name!

What are your top four underrated books of 2016? Let me know in the comments below and I'll see you tomorrow for day five!

Go find Hailey in Bookland and tell her hi!

Youtube: Hailey in Bookland
Twitter- @hailsinbookland
Instagram- @haileyinbookland
Snapchat- @hailsheartsnyc

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D