WWW Wednesday: 12 July 2023

7:00:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to WWW Wednesday! This was formerly hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm and revived on Taking on a World of Words. This is a really fun and easy weekly post where you answer the three W’s:  what are you currently reading, what did you recently finish reading, and what do you think you’ll read next? Let’s get started!
___________________________________________________________________________

What are you currently reading?

Dead Eleven by Jimmy Juliano. Summerween has been going on this week but my reading has not been going too well, sadly. I’m enjoying Dead Eleven when I do read it but I’m not reading as much as I want to. I like the slow buildup that’s happening and the setting is eerie, which I love! I’m excited to see where this goes because this is on a lot of TBR lists for this readathon so it’s gotta be good!

What did you recently finish reading?

The Salt Grows Heavy by Cassandra Khaw. I’m going to count this, even tho I did DNF it, unfortunately. I got 30% in and just couldn’t continue. The writing was incredibly flowery and my brain just wasn’t keeping up with what was happening. This isn’t a bad book, it’s just one that I wasn’t vibing with at the moment. And that’s totally okay because not every book is a winner!

What do you think you'll read next?

You’re Not Supposed to Die Tonight by Kalynn Bayron. The amount of people that I’ve seen raving about this book has convinced me that it’s the next one I need to read. It’s on my Summerween TBR and it’s one that I’ve been wanting to read anyway, so it works out perfectly!

_____________________________________________________________________________

And that’s it for this WWW Wednesday! I’m kind of bummed that during a readathon that I was really excited about, I’m barely reading anything. There’s a lot of stuff happening in my life that is really impacting my desire to do anything, let alone read, so I’m trying not to be too hard on myself. I hope everyone else is having a successful Summerween, tho! How is your reading week going? If you’re participating, are you making progress on your Summerween TBR? Have you read any of the books I mentioned? I love hearing all of the things about reading so leave me a comment below so we can chat! Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D