Book Tag Thursday: Taylor Swift Album Challenge

8:00:00 AM

 

Hi hello and welcome to Book Tag Thursday! Today, I'll be doing the Taylor Swift Album Challenge, created by Rhonda With a Book. I am very much so a Taylor Swift fan and I am so sad that we were unable to go to her Eras Tour when it was here in Georgia. Ticketmaster is my villain origin story. But I love the idea of combining my love for Taylor and books into one fun tag! As a bonus, I'll be including both mine favorite song from each album. I'll also be adding in an additional prompt for Midnights, and I'll be doing Taylor's Version for any albums that she's re-released because let's be honest, those are amazing. Let's get started!
___________________________________________________________________________

I think Our Song is a classic at this point. It's just so early Taylor Swift and it's always one that puts a smile on my face when I hear it. Watching the music video is insane because she has grown so much since it was released that I almost don't recognize her! Baby Taylor is absolutely precious. I also cannot wait for Taylor Swift (Taylor's Version) because that's going to be a full circle moment that none of us are prepared for.


You Belong With Me is another classic Taylor Swift song that you just can't not pick, you know? I did sing Hey Stephen to my husband once (his name is, in fact, not Stephen) and that’s a cute memory, but something about You Belong With Me is special and it’s definitely a song that will never get old.


My favorite song on Speak Now (Taylor's Version) is definitely Castles Crumbling. I think Haunted was probably one of my all-time favorites from this album initially and while I do love this re-record of Haunted, I think Castles Crumbling just hits different. Does it make me want to throw myself into traffic? Sure. Is it one of the best songs I've ever heard? Absolutely.


State of Grace. This has been one of my all-time favorite Taylor Swift songs since the original Red album and it remains so to this day. I don't know what it is about the song but it's just amazing. I definitely struggle with those tier lists when it gets down to State of Grace and another song because I love both of them so much, but it definitely always makes the top two for me.


See, I want to say How You Get The Girl, because I had that played as we walked down the aisle after we got married, but that's kind of cheesy. I've always loved Out of the Woods, because the music video is so freaking cool, so I think that's the one I'd pick.


Getaway Car. This song wasn't my favorite until I heard it live at the Reputation tour. I remember loving the visuals and just everything about when she sang this song and it not only became my favorite on the album but my favorite Taylor Swift song ever. Even listening to it now, as I write this, I'm emotional because I remember crying and just loving this part of the show. When she releases Reputation (Taylor's Version) and I hear this song, I will not be okay. This album actually released while I was in the hospital in 2017 (just days before I got diagnosed with cancer, woo) and we got the digital version and listened to it all night. This album holds a lot of memories for me.


Oh this is an easy one, Cruel Summer! It may or may not be because I watch almost nothing but Eras Tour videos and this song goes so hard but it's also just a really good song. I love the bridge and every time I play it in the car, I get very into it. Jamie may or may not judge me for it.


This one is a toss up between cardigan and august. I really like this album because it's super cozy feeling and both of those songs are just nice to listen to. I really want to crochet the famous cardigan and have it in all of the different albums because it's just so pretty! 


This is another toss up between two songs! willow and tolerate it are fantastic and that makes it so difficult to pick between them. I like to listen to cardigan and willow back to back when I want something that will only semi wreck my heart, and then tolerate it when I’m ready for something soul destroying. 

Okay so I absolutely loved Lavender Haze and Karma from this album. And then I saw her perform Vigilante Shit on the Eras Tour. If you've seen it, you know why this might be my new favorite off of this album. All I'm saying is we need a music video for that song.

_____________________________________________________________________________

And that’s it for the Taylor Swift Album Challenge! I had a lot of fun going back and listening to all of the songs I put on this list because of course I had to, right? I considered adding prompts for Karma and Woodvale, but that felt like some extra unhinged niche Swiftie thing to do. I do wholeheartedly believe Karma is real, she might be a rock album, and she’s going to get her day in the sun. But I’d love to know what your favorite Taylor Swift album is and what your favorite song is. Do you like any of my picks? Are you a Karma believer as well? Let me know in the comments below and let’s talk about all things Taylor Swift! Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D