F is for Friday: 21 July 2023

7:00:00 AM

 


Hi hello and welcome to F is for Friday, hosted by Nomadic Worlds. With F is for Friday, you answer a few prompts that relate to your reading for the past week and even share some things that made you happy! This is a great post to do because it helps remind me of all of the good things I’ve experienced weekly, even if it doesn’t feel like anything good happened in the moment. Whether it’s book related or just life in general, I’m trying to remember to count the positives in my daily life! Let's get started!
___________________________________________________________________________

F – Feature your latest book obsession (it doesn’t have to be your current read)

My current bookish obsession is absolutely my current read! I’m doing a beta read for an amazing book right now and am loving it so much. The vibes, the characters, the pacing, everything about it is immaculate and I’m so in love. I won’t be sharing anything about the book out of respect for the author but just know that it’s incredible and I’m so grateful to be beta reading this beauty.

I – Indicate which book/s you are looking forward to reading this weekend

I’m definitely going to continue working on reading my beta read book but I also plan to start Playground by Aron Beauregard! Aron is one of my all-time favorite extreme horror authors and this book is apparently causing all kinds of a ruckus, so I’m really excited to see what it’s all about. I’ve been considering doing my first bookish TikTok and making it about this book so if you’d like to follow me over there, my username is @firehawkarts!

F – Favorite quote of the week/day

I have so many from the beta read book that I’m doing but as I mentioned above, I won’t be sharing anything about the book out of respect for the author! But I genuinely do have so many quotes that I’ve literally clutched my iPad to my chest over while reading them.

F – Five Things You’re Happy Or Grateful For This Week

1. My friend had a successful appendectomy and is safe at home! She’s one of my very best friends and I love her dearly, so knowing she’s taking steps towards reducing her pain and that she’s now able to start recovering makes me so happy for her. She’s been through a lot and deserves this win! 

2. The bottom of my own surgical incision is almost healed! This has been the part that is giving me the most trouble with healing and I’m so happy that it’s finally more healed than not. I’m also relatively pain-free in that area and down my leg and I cannot explain what a relief it is. Now I can go back to my regularly scheduled post-cancer pains!

3. I’m going to be annoying about this but the book I’m beta reading is something I’m happy about. It’s been a while since I’ve felt like this about any book I’ve read, so I know I’ve found something special here. The way the author writes is so fluid and descriptive, but not overly so. And the plot? Oh my god y’all, the plot is so good. Just be prepared for me to be super vague about this but also constantly gush about how much I’m loving it.

4. I finally launched both shirt designs I made! I don’t talk about this but graphic design and digital art is a hobby of mine and I love to create shirt designs for the teams I volunteer at conventions for. I’m really proud of both designs that I’ve created and they have both been super well received which is such a relief. I was really nervous about if they would be liked or not but they are and I can’t wait to have them in my wardrobe! 

5. A cosplayer that I really look up to, Sarah Spaceman, released her video on how she became best birb boi Tulin from Tears of the Kingdom and I loved it so much. A little fun fact about me, furries actually scare me. Like, a lot. But this costume is so cute and I love seeing how she made the whole thing come to life! Seriously, I learn at least three new things with every video of hers that she releases. It’s over an hour long but I promise you it’s worth getting a snack and sitting down to watch because the costume is amazing, but her process of creating it is so great to watch!
_____________________________________________________________________________

And that does it for this F is For Friday post! I had a good week this week both reading and personal life wise. I’m almost done with a big crochet project, I’m making progress on Tears of the Kingdom, my reading has been very successful, and a new patch got released in Final Fantasy XIV! I’m looking forward to this next week and I hope it’s a good one. How has your week been? What’s something you’re looking forward to reading this weekend? Is there something that happened this week that made you happy? Are you also now grinding out the next step in the Manderville relic weapon line? Let me know in the comments below! Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you in the next chapter! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D