Preparing for Blogtober 2020!

8:00:00 AM

 


Hi hello ghouls and goblins and welcome back! It's no secret that 2020 has been...difficult. I had a lot of plans for my blog this year but clearly, none of those things have come to pass. But tomorrow is the 1st of October which means the start of Blogtober! Just like last year, I'll be following the prompts from Two Book Thieves, and again, I'll have some of them changed to fit myself/my blog. Honestly? This is going to be exactly the same as my 2019 post. My energy level for 2020 is zero, but I also want to participate in Blogtober to the best of my ability this year. I believe it will just be easier to use the post from last year and I want to be honest about it! I'll be posting my very loose schedule for this month below and I'll link each post on this original post just in case anyone wants a list of all of the posts in one easy to find location. For those that don't know what Blogtober is, it's basically a month-long event where you make a post every day in October. Simple, right? Let's get spooky! _________________________________________________________________________________

October 1st: October TBR
It's officially spoopy season so let's read some spoopy books! I'll be sharing my tentative TBR for the month of October.

 October 2nd: Why I love Halloween (1978)
What better time of the year than to gush about the horror film that started my love for all things spoopy! I'll be discussing just why I love the original Halloween so darn much.

 October 3rd: Spoopy Review #1
It's exactly what it says- a spoopy review! I'll be sharing a review of a spoopy book!

 October 4th: Favorite villains
A post all about some of my favorite villains in books! 

October 5th: Jigsaw Book Tag
The Saw franchise is one of my favorites so let's do a book tag based on the movies!

 October 6th: The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue Release Day!
The day I've been waiting so long for is finally here and I don't plan on shutting up about it! Today is all about The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab.

 October 7th: Book Line Poetry
This idea came from Jemma at Fantastic Books where she did book poetry with specific prompts. Unfortunately, the original post (and blog) is gone, but basically, I'll be attempting to make some book line poetry and hopefully making it spoopy! 

 October 8th: Spoopy Review #2

 October 9th: The Season of the Witch
Wanna hear about some awesome witchy books? Then check out this post!

October 10th: The Horror Film Book Tag by Royal Reader

October 11th: Halloween Home Decor
My decorations have been up since September but I am so ready to share the spooky goodness that is around my house! And maybe even a surprise appearance from Sora the Corgi!

 October 12th: Mystery Day!

 October 13th: Nightmare Before Christmas Tag
I'll be doing the Nightmare Before Christmas tag because it's my favorite movie and why not, right?

 October 14th: Spoopy Review #3

October 15th: Monstrous Recommendations
Vampires, werewolves, witches, fae, ghosts, sea monsters, demons- this is the post for book recommendations with spoopy monsters!

October 16th: Taking Autumnal Book Photos
I'm not much of a photographer, honestly, but I think this would be a great opportunity to take some Fall/Halloween book photos and share them!

October 17th: The Autumn Tag by Jenn @ Jenniely

October 18th: Spoopy Review #4

October 19th: October Bullet Journal Spread
I'll be sharing my October bullet journal spread! This is one of my favorite spreads in 2020 and I'm so excited to share how my bullet journal skills have grown since last year.

October 20th: Sora's Gotcha Day!
This is the day that Sora came home so obviously I have to celebrate him! I have over 700 photos of him on Instagram so I'm sure I'll have one or two to share here.

 October 21st: Thriller Book Recommendations
Looking for some thriller books to read this month? Look no further! I'll be sharing some of my favorite thriller books that I definitely think you should pick up during spoopy season.

October 22nd: Spoopy Review #5

 October 23rd: Horror Movie Recommendations
I'm a huge fan of all things horror, so I'm gonna share some of my favorite horror movies!

 October 24th: Horror Game Recommendations
Remember the horror movie recommendations post? This is the same thing but with horror video games. Much creative. Such fun.

 October 25th: Mystery Day!
I wasn't really sure what to put here so I'll keep it a mystery!

 October 26th: Spoopy Review #6

October 27th: Favorite Cozy Reads
My idea of a cozy read in the Fall is a few different things- big and chunky and super scary. Let's take a look at some books I'd like to snuggle up under my Nevernight blanket and read this season!

 October 28th: Favourite BOOkstagram Photos
Get it? BOOkstagram? Anyway, I'll be sharing some of my favorite spoopy photos from some of my favorite BOOkstagramers!

October 29th: Spoopy Review #7

 October 30th: October Reading Wrap Up
I'll be sharing what I’ve read throughout October and hopefully, it's more than one book!

 October 31st: Halloween Creatures Book Tag!
It's Halloween and what better day to do a Halloween book tag! I'll be doing the one I found from Keep Reading Forward!
___________________________________________________________________________________

And that's about it for my preparations for Blogtober 2020! I'm really excited to be participating this year and I hope to see some of my wonderful fellow bloggers able to take part as well. If you're taking part in Blogtober, I'd love to know what some of your post ideas are going to be. Be sure to comment down below a link to your Blogtober posts so I can check them out! Also, I'll be linking every post I make this month back to this master post in case anyone wants an easy place to locate each post for the prompt in one place. Thanks for stopping by and I'll scare ya later!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Good luck with Blogtober! You are so organised.
    I'm basically winging it five blog posts at a time haha.
    Cora | https://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D