#Project14Lists Day 9: Standalone Must-Reads of 2019!

8:40:00 PM


Hi hello and welcome to day 9 of #Project14Lists! Today, I am going to be talking about some of the standalone books releasing next year that are on my TBR! These are books without sequels or continuations in a series (as far as I can tell) that I really want to read next year. It really seems like my aesthetic is pretty consistent throughout this post if you look at the covers and then read the synopsis of each book. There may be some books in here that I've already talked about in previous posts but there are only so many books that I'm excited about and a lot of them are the same ones! Let's get started!
_________________________________________________________________________________


1. Wilder Girls by Rory Power
Quarantine. Island boarding school. A virus that's killed most everyone. It's like this book was written for me, I swear. Also, this cover is so...creepy. I love it.


I was initially interested in this because of the title (hello creepy) but then I read the synopsis and the words "a genre-bending epic horror-fantasy" ensured my demise because that is right up my alley, oh my goodness. 


The reminds me slightly of The Hunger Games with a dash of Mulan (as in the female disguising herself to basically infiltrate a male-dominated world) so of course, I'm interested. But the fact that the main character is also a scientist in a world where she's basically not allowed to be a scientist? Instant TBR addition. Also, I just got an eARC of this so I know what I'll be reading soon!


Anything by Danielle Vega is something that I want to read. She is my queen of horror and is incapable of writing a bad book, I swear. The Merciless series stole my heart and satisfied my need for a cheesy, gory story and Survive the Night made my heart race and made me feel as if the walls had hands and teeth and were closing in on me all at the same time. So yeah, anything by her is a must-read for me.


Murdered queens and sinister secret societies were really all that it took to make me interested in this book. But honestly, those are some of my buzz words so it's not hard to get me interested in a book if those things are in the synopsis. But both the cover and synopsis have me super interested in this book and I'm super excited to read it!


Just please give me this book already. Please. After reading The Cruel Prince, I am trash for anything involving faeries and I feel I need to point this out again so LOOK AT THE COVER. Just, yes.


8. A Dress for the Wicked by Autumn Krause
I absolutely love historical fiction books and this one reminds me of Project Runway and a little bit of Americas Next Top Model (for some reason) but dark. So obviously I want to read this! 


A book about magic, a women's military, flying, and two girls who hate each other but have to work together? I can already tell this is going to be a book I end up loving. Also, again, this cover. Yes.


I have had this on my TBR since 2017 since before this even had a cover, I believe. But if you've read the synopsis, you know that I'm obviously already trash for this book. Creepy forest, a witch, something bad probably happening at some point? Yup, sign me up.


The hype around this book is real and I think I have definitely succumbed to the hype. But I'm not even mad because the synopsis has me SHOOK. Also, I cannot get over the colors on this cover. I love the blue so much and the simplistic text with the four crowns taking center stage are just all super appealing.


I'm going into this with slightly lowered expectations (I blame Zenith) but this is one that I'm still pretty excited to read! I've been following Christine's writing vlogs for a while and almost watching her write this book and it's actually been a pretty cool experience. So I'm excited to see the culmanation of all of those vlogs and several years of writing.


It's a book about a kpop star, do I really need to explain anything else? It's also by Maurene Goo so, you should definitely also want to read this book.


I'm a sucker for fake dating books (thank you, To All the Boys I've Loved Before) so this one was a no-brainer for me when I read the synopsis. I also think this cover is super cute and it makes me smile so much every time I look at it!
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for day nine! Unfortunately, I'm far too lazy to talk about all 13 of these books in more detail, but I think I did an alright job at conveying my feelings on each of them. Although honestly, most of them are just 'I love this cover give me the book' but it really doesn't take too much to get me interested in a book. Not even ashamed, either. But I'd love to know some of the standalone books that you want to read in 2019! Let me know in the comments! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow for another day of #Project14Lists!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ahhh, that last contemp book esp is my jam. All these covers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ughhh can't wait to read Four Dead Queens and Again, But Better!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D