#Project14Lists Day 7: Series Must-Reads of 2019!

1:00:00 PM


Hi hello and welcome to day 7 of #Project14Lists! Today, I am going to be talking about some of the series that I really want to read in 2019! Some of these (okay, probably most of these) are going to be older/backlist titles because honestly, I'm behind on some really popular series and I need to catch up. As a book blogger/reviewer, there's a lot of pressure (at least I feel there is) to always be on top of all of the newest releases and most popular series, but the reality of it is that not everyone can read every book as soon as it's released and you're probably going to fall behind while reading a series every so often. So here's a list of some series that I need to hop on the bandwagon for! Let's get started!
_________________________________________________________________________________

This is a series that I hear SO MUCH about from the book community, especially now that the final book in the series, Kingdom of Ash, has been released. I have been interested in reading this series for a while (I believe I first heard about it a bit before Empire of Storms was released) but just haven't had the time to commit to reading the whole thing. I feel like this is a series that I'll want to have all of the books ready to go so that I can binge read it so hopefully 2019 will be the year I can do that!


Okay so I feel like it's blasphemy to admit I haven't read either of SJM's series but I haven't. Everyone and their mother has read at the very least the first book in this trilogy and that includes my mother. I'm serious, my mom read this book. And I've heard this gets, ahem, steamy, so that's great to know. But I mean it, 2019 is the year of SJM for me!


I read Six of Crows earlier this year and absolutely loved it! I'm so glad that the hype around that book was real. Now as for Crooked Kingdom...I'll get to that next year, promise. But I feel like I should read this first trilogy to sort of get some of the references that were apparently in Six of Crows. Also, King of Scars comes out next year so what better time to hop on it! Oh, and supposedly this character called The Darkling is super...hot? I don't know but I need to find out for science, obviously.


If you've read probably any post on my blog this year, you know that Jay Kristoff is a big deal to me. So obviously I want to read this trilogy if nothing else just to say that I have. I've seen some...mixed (not sure if that's a strong enough word for it) reviews on the series, but I'd still like to give it a shot and see what I think of it!


5. The Shadowhunters Series (TDA/TMI) by Cassandra Clare
So, this is a complicated one for me. I told myself I wouldn't read these long ago for some unknown reason (even though I have the first three books in The Mortal Instruments series...trilogy...thing?) but now I kind of want to. Hilariously, I remember back in the day when The Mortal Instruments was only a trilogy. Oh boy, that makes me feel old. But I kind of want to just read The Dark Artifices trilogy and just skip the thousands of other books that are in this world. Either way, I'd like to attempt to get into this series at some point next year. Also, I know there are several other series besides TMI and TDA that are stuffed into this world, I just like the covers for TDA and know the first book in the TMI series so, here they are.


All I have to say about this is that it sounds like the perfect series for me to read and for some reason, I haven't read it yet.


I read The Raven Boys in 2017 and just never continued with the series. I had kind of meh feelings about the book, which seem to contradict everyone else's feelings on the series so I was kind of concerned that I wouldn't like the rest of the series if I were to continue on. But honestly, I probably just wasn't in the right head space while I was reading, so I'd like to give it another shot next year.


Surprisingly, I haven't read this incredibly popular series by my favorite author, and I feel like that's a big problem. I've been meaning to get to this series for years but just...haven't for some reason. I read Vicious this year and it became my favorite book of all-time, so obviously I now need to read every book by V.E./Victoria Schwab, right? I'm making my way through them and this one is next!
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for day 7 of #Project14Lists! I'd love to know some of the book series that you would like to get to in the new year! As you know, I'm always looking to expand my TBR so feel free to let me know in the comments some series that I should check out in 2019 or ones that you're planning to read. Are you wanting to read any of these? If you've read any of the ones I listed, I'd love to know your thoughts on them (spoiler free please!). Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow for another day of #Project14Lists!

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. This is such a good list! Also, I laughed out loud at the bit about your mom reading the Court series - that's awesome. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish it was a joke but it's not 😂 She was asking me if I had heard of it and I was like MOM NO WHY.

      Delete
  2. I really needed this list! Honestly, I haven't started any of these, but they're super popular on bookstagram. And I NEED to join the hype. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The hype around a lot of these is real and definitely part of why I want to read some of them!

      Delete
  3. I actually haven't read most if not all these series. I have ONE MORE BOOK in The Raven Cycle to read, and I read TMI way back when but now it's just too much. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on getting through these series in 2019! I definitely recommend The Diviners series, it's one of my favorite of all time. I started reading the Throne of Glass series, but still haven't read the last one bc I've kinda given up on the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard such good things about The Diviners! I can't wait to finally pick it up!

      Delete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D