Book Tag Thursday: Insidious Book Tag (Original)

8:00:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to Book Tag Thursday! Today, I’ll be doing the Insidious Book Tag, which was created by me! I’m so excited for the release of Insidious: The Red Door that I wanted to do a book tag related to the series. But when I couldn’t seem to find one, I decided to make my own! The Insidious series is one of my all-time favorites, and the fact that we’re getting a new installment that follows the Lambert family ten years later is blowing my mind. You don’t have to know anything about the series to do this tag but if you are a fan, hopefully you’ll enjoy these prompts! Now you're outside. Let my voice be your guide. Keep a steady stride. Into the Further you go. Let’s get started!
_____________________________________________________________________________

Tiptoe through the tulips: Your favorite “absolutely not” moment in a book


There is a moment in Dead Space by S.A. Barnes that scared me so bad I actually yanked my feet up and had to immediately sit up and check that nothing was about to grab my feet from under the bed. Yes, I protected myself with a blanket because even demons know you can’t grab the feets if they’re under a blanket. But if you haven’t gathered what that moment was, it involves things under the bed and it genuinely made me panic and will probably remain my top “absolutely not” moment,

It's not the house that's haunted: Your go-to haunted house book



Home Before Dark by Riley Sager! I’m a Riley Sager fan girl for sure and this one is a great haunted house story. It’s got Haunting of Hill House vibes and has the signature Riley Sager flair that just makes all of his books on a different level. This was definitely my favorite of his until The Only One Left crashed into my heart, but I’ll always recommend it if you want a great haunted house book!

Into the Further you go: A book that you stepped out of your comfort zone to read

I’ll just say an entire genre, and that’s romance. Like many people, I judged the romance genre really hard and used to make fun of it. Because all I used to see were the classic (and honestly they need to bring these back because they’re fantastic) bodice-ripper romance novels, so of course I was not about to pick that up. But I’ve been reading more in the genre and in sub-genres and I’ve found that I actually enjoy romance books! That was a big step for me out of my comfort zone of reading but I’m so glad that I took a chance because some of my favorite books I’ve read are romance books!

Specs and Tucker: Your favorite bookish duo


I love Maddie and Tempest from the Maddie Castle series by L.T. Ryan and C.R. Gray! Maddie is a former K9 handler who lost her dog and had her leg shredded, and both things happened with the same bullet. Maddie has to learn how to fight through the awful things that happened to her to help people like she used to, and she gives Tempest, a K9 that lost her human and is struggling to work through her own traumas, a second chance with her. It’s such a good series and I love the two of them together!

Elise Reiner: Your favorite recurring character in a series


Jeremy from the Eluding Destiny series by Charlie Nottingham! I love him so much and it’s kind of hard to explain why without spoiling some pretty big things. But he goes through so much throughout the series and he really struggles, but he is not only my favorite character in this series, he’s one of my all-time favorite characters in any book I’ve ever read. I feel like I see so much of myself in Jeremy and I’m still trying to figure out if that’s a good or bad thing, but Charlie absolutely crushed writing his character and I’ll always love him no matter what.

The Red Face demon: A book that genuinely scared you while reading


If you’ve read this book, you probably know exactly what I’m referring to. Gerald’s Game by Stephen King has a recurring thing that happens to Jessie throughout the book and it scared the holy heck out of me. I haven’t read it in years and it will still pop into my head every so often just before I fall asleep so I’d say that ranks pretty high on the book that genuinely scared me list.

The Bride in Black: A book that has haunted you ever since you read it


Damned by Chuck Palahniuk. I read this in 2011, well over a decade ago, and it has stuck with me ever since. I read it once and will probably never read it again because it traumatized me so much. I’m someone that cannot think about death or I will start to spiral and panic and think about my own mortality, and this book destroyed me when I read it. And now that I’ve had cancer and dealt with spine surgery, I’ve stared death in the face and it’s not fun. Chuck Palahniuk is one of my favorite authors, but he better have enough money to pay my therapy bills because this book wrecked me.

The Man Who Can't Breathe: A book that had you gasping for air because it was so good



Yellowface by R.F. Kuang had me screaming, crying, throwing up, kicking the wall, absolutely deceased. I’m so glad I finally read one of her books because the writing was just otherworldly. I was addicted and found it so easy to just sit there and read this book for long periods of time. I can’t wait to read The Poppy War trilogy and Babel because I definitely need more R.F. Kuang in my life.

The Key Bearer: Bookish tropes that are the key to your heart


Enemies to lovers, only one bed, grumpy/sunshine, fake dating, forbidden romance, I hate everyone but you, who did this to you, touch them and you die, dystopian anything, villain is secretly soft, found family, horror anything, lifting their chin with a blade, intense dancing, reverse harem, aggressive pining.

There are so many and I’m probably missing a ton, but these are the ones that immediately came to mind!

The Red Door: A book or series you want a sequel to/continuation of



You can’t prove that I wrote this prompt just so I could talk about The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab again. At least I used a different cover this time, right? But hear me out! I’m not even asking for a continuation of Addie’s story. I’d love to follow Luc more and see what he did while he was away from Addie. I feel like there was so much more to him that we didn’t get to see and I’d love to know what something like him does in his spare time and maybe get to see some more deals he made over the years. I’m content with this being a standalone but there are are definitely times that I find myself wondering what if V.E. Schwab decides to revisit these characters at some point in the future.
_____________________________________________________________________________

And that does it for the Insidious book tag! I had so much fun creating this and I really hope that it finds someone else who loves the Insidious series. I’m officially tagging anyone that would like to do this but please be sure to link back to my post so others can see where it came from. Have you seen any of the Insidious films? Which one is your favorite? Are you excited for The Red Door? I’d love to chat about all things Insidious so please feel free to leave me a comment below! Thanks for stopping by and I’ll see you in the next chapter! Oh, and don’t forget to close the door on your way out.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D