WWW Wednesday: 27 June 2023

8:00:00 AM

Hi hello and welcome to WWW Wednesday! This was formerly hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm and revived on Taking on a World of Words. This is a really fun and easy weekly post where you answer the three W’s:  what are you currently reading, what did you recently finish reading, and what do you think you’ll read next? Let’s get started!
___________________________________________________________________________

What are you currently reading?

The Only One Left by Riley Sager. I'm enjoying it so much so far and I'm about 16% in. The atmosphere is really spooky but nothing really spooky has happened yet. It's just the vibes and the setting are coming together in such a creepy way and I'm so excited to see where the book goes from here. And I love that Lenora has a rhyme that follows her, similar to Lizzie Borden.

At seventeen, Lenora Hope
Hung her sister with a rope
Stabbed her father with a knife
Took her mother's happy life
"It wasn't me," Lenora said
But she's the only one not dead

What did you recently finish reading?

Yellowface by R.F. Kuang. I don't know how long I'm going to be screaming about this book but it's probably going to be for the rest of the year. This was amazing. I've mentioned before that I've never read a book by R.F. Kuang but now I plan on reading The Poppy War trilogy and Babel. The writing was so easy to read and I loved her sense of humor that was sprinkled in throughout the book. I loved and hated June, and I appreciated the commentary on the publishing industry. This is a book that everyone in the bookish community should read!

What do you think you'll read next?
I'm torn between either Mister Magic by Kiersten White or The Last One by Will Dean. Do I want to read a book that has Candle Cove vibes, or a book that has Triangle vibes? I may pick up Mister Magic first as it's shorter, but I'm really excited for both of them and I will absolutely be sharing my thoughts on them when I finish reading! 
___________________________________________________________________________

And that does it for this WWW Wednesday post! How is your reading going this week? Have you picked up anything new? Are any of the books I mentioned today on your TBR? Should I read Mister Magic or The Last One next? I'd love to know so be sure to leave me a comment below and we can chat! Don't forget to visit Taking On a World of Words and see Sam's post for the week, and maybe check out some others awesome weekly posts from the comments! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D