Top Ten Tuesday: The First 10 Books I Randomly Grabbed from My Shelf

8:00:00 AM


 Hi hello and welcome to Top Ten Tuesday! This weekly post is hosted by the wonderful Jana from That Artsy Reader Girl so please be sure to go check out her post with all of the information about TTT. The topic this week is about the first ten books you grab from your shelf! The prompt says to close your eyes and touch/grab/point to ten random books, talk about what the books you chose are, and then discuss what you thought about them if you’ve read them. This sounds super fun and also dangerous because I plan to use my Kindle library (let’s face it, if I used my physical shelf then every book would be Addie LaRue) so who knows what I’ll pick out. Let’s get started!
___________________________________________________________________________


I have absolutely read The Haunting of Alejandra (I just finished it recently) and it's my favorite book of 2023! This was such a fantastic read and I want to throw it at everyone and make them read it. It's a haunting and beautiful story and I cannot recommend it enough. If you love horror, generational trauma, empowered females, and did I mention horror, then this is the book you don't want to miss! 5 spooky stars for this one.

2. You’ve Lost A Lot of Blood by Eric LaRocca 

This was a 4.5 star read for me and Katie Colson said it best: "This is all vibes." You don't have to know what's going on while you read to know that this is a fantastic book. I know it's not for everyone and that's totally fine, but I know it occasionally finds its audience and they always end up praising how unhinged this book is.

3. The Sea Witch by Katee Robert

I kind of wish I had landed on another of the Wicked Villains books because this one wasn't my favorite, sadly. I have read it, but I enjoyed the other books in the series a lot more than this one. I believe this was a 2.5 star read for me but I may feel differently if I go back and read the series again one day. Who knows! I do still love Katee Robert, though.

4. We Need to Do Something by Max Booth III

This is another one of those books that has to find its audience because it's weird as heck. For me, it was five stars because it was my kind of weird. Claustrophobic cosmic horror apparently appeals to me and now I really want to read this again because it was just so weird.

5. All of Us Villains by Amanda Foody & C.L. Herman

I haven't read this one yet but I know Kayla from BooksandLala just read it recently and gave it a three star rating so maybe it's time for me to pick it up! I'm a little hesitant because I don't read YA a bunch anymore, but this has been on my TBR for so long that I feel like I should read it at some point, you know? 

6. Beyond the Ruby Veil by Mara Fitzgerald
This is a book that I completely forgot I had until this post! But I don't think I'll be picking it up anytime soon sadly, because as I said above, I don't really read YA anymore. The synopsis sounds intriguing so maybe I'll get interested and keep thinking about it, but it's probably just going to sit on my Kindle for the time being. 

7. The Unspoken Name by A.K. Larkwood
I am offended that I haven't read this yet. Like, this is right up my alley and somehow I never picked it up?! Absolutely offensive. This is one that I will probably pick up soon because it really does sound super cool and I just want to know what it's all about.

8. Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade

I completely forgot that I read this somehow and I'm so excited to be reminded that this exists! I loved it so much and now I really want to read it again because it was just so stinkin cute. This was a 4.5 star read for me and I also enjoyed the sequel, All the Feels!

9. Dark Waters by Katherine Arden

Okay another one that I cannot believe I haven't read yet. Small Spaces was so good and I'm about halfway through Dead Voices (I should probably just start over from the beginning but that's fine) and I know I'll read Dark Waters because I loved the first book so much. I never could have imagined that a middle grade book would creep me out as much as it did!

10. Reluctant Immortals by Gwendolyn Kiste
I think the best part about this prompt is that it's reminding me of all of these books that I had forgotten that I had on my Kindle! This cover is absolutely gorgeous and I went back and read the synopsis (my brain is like a goldfish okay) and it's historical horror with vampires?! Say less, bestie, now I remember why I got this. I might actually pick this up pretty soon because again, gorgeous cover, and I'm so interested in the premise for this!
___________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for this week's Top Ten Tuesday! This might be my favorite prompt yet because it reminded me of a few books that I had just sitting on my Kindle that I actually really want to pick up. I genuinely had no idea what was going to pop up because I have a lot of books on my Kindle across several genres and it really could have been anything that I ended up talking about. I'd love to know if you've read any of the books on this list and what you thought about them. And if you did the prompt this week, link me your post below so I can go check it out because I'd love to see what books you ended up picking out! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I want to read Spoiler Alert.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhh you should! It was such a cute romance story and there are at least two more books in the series with characters you meet in book one!

      Delete
  2. I’m glad you liked The Haunting of Alejandra so much!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-the-first-10-books-i-randomly-grabbed-from-my-shelf/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I really did! I'll say it a million times, it was beautiful <3

      Delete
  3. Your whole list is about to become my TBR list. These all look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard good things about Dade's books, but I haven't read any of them. One of these days!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of Us Villains is on my TBR too. BUT WAIT what is The Unspoken Name? It looks like something I would love *opens goodreads*

    My TTT: https://www.mollysbooknook.com/top-ten-tuesday-my-husband-picks-my-tbr-with-bonus-picks-from-my-toddler/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D