#Project14Lists Day 4: Blog Goals for 2019!

11:43:00 PM


Hi hello and welcome to day four of #Project14Lists! Today, I'm going to be talking about some of my goals for my blog in 2019. I have some things that I'd really like to change about my blog and some goals that I would like to achieve as a blogger in the new year. I feel like some of these are probably a bit ambitious, but I also really want to become much more serious about my blog and have it become something that I'm very proud of! January is my blog-iversary and I'll have officially been talking about books on the internet for five whole years. But at that, I, unfortunately, don't feel like I have much to show for how long I've been blogging. On the other hand, a new year means new goals and a chance to show that I'm serious about this thing that grew from an occasional hobby to something I want to do all the time. Let's get started!
_________________________________________________________________________________

1. Be more consistent with my posts
2018 was the year I finally started utilizing the schedule post function and wow was it helpful! I sat down and wrote several posts in a row and just scheduled them to go live at a certain time and boom, easy peasy way to at least appear like I'm a consistent blogger. But next year, I genuinely want to be on a schedule with my posts and be a consistent blogger for real!

2. Format my posts better
I want to make my posts look pretty. I know, it's super basic and probably silly to say, but I see so many bloggers with really, really nice posts and I want to have that for my posts! I want pretty header images and fancy text and all of the other things that I don't have yet but really want to work on having next year.

3. Format my blog better
Clearly, I use Blogger to host my blog and even after five years, I'm still learning how to work this thing. But I think I'm starting to get better about working it and am slowly but surely on my way to making my blog look exactly how I want it to look! In 2019, I want to make my blog perfect. If anyone has a Blogger hosted blog and has any tips, I'd love to hear them!

4. Work on making my post titles nicer/more intriguing
For...probably the entire time I've had this blog, my post titles have been pretty much the same across the board. It may be a small and trivial thing in the long run but I've been encountering so many book bloggers who don't just have their book review titles as "Book Review: (Insert Title Here) by (Insert Author Here)" but rather a title that relates more to the book that they're talking about, be it a line/quote or even a play on the title. 

5. Make an effort to reach out and support other bloggers!
Our community is a small one and I really feel that we need to make an effort to support each other, especially in the new year. So I plan to make it a point to discover new bloggers and support the ones that I already follow and love. If you'd like to find some new bloggers to follow, check out my list of some of my favorite bloggers of 2018 here!
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for day four of #Project14Lists! I know this list is pretty small and not too terribly exciting, but I feel like I'd rather start small and grow my goals instead of being too ambitious and completely failing at the beginning of the year. I'd love to know some of your 2019 blog goals if you have any so feel free to share some in the comments! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow for another day of #Project14Lists!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I already love the layout of your blog so idk how you're going to make it better. i'm jealous with how pretty it is lol. But i'm sure 2019 is going to be AMAZING for you <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D