#Project14Lists Day 13: 5 Books I Wish I Read in 2018!

4:10:00 PM


Hi hello and welcome to day 13 of #Project14Lists! If you're not sure what this is, be sure and go check out Shealea's post for more information about it and you can also find all of the other participants on her post if you're interested in seeing everyone else's lists (which you should really go check them all out because they're all awesome!). Today, I am going to be talking about five books that I wish I had read in 2018. There are definitely more than five books that I wish I had read this year, but I wanted to keep it to a minimum and really talk about the ones that I feel like I really should have read. Let's get started!
_________________________________________________________________________________



1. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo
I read Six of Crows in January this year and absolutely loved it! I was so happy that I finally got around to it and understood the hype around the first book in this duology. I had totally intended to read the sequel but something happened and I just...didn't. I think it's because I really want this in hardback and I only have the ebook but I really want the pretty sprayed pages to match Six of Crows. I know, it sounds silly, but I need to be able to have the matching set!



2. Strange the Dreamer by Lani Taylor
If you haven't heard of this book, you've probably been living under a rock or something. This has been such a hyped and popular book and I can't watch a Booktube video or read a blog post without hearing about this book. But for some reason, I just haven't picked it up. The sequel, Muse of Nightmares, came out this year and boy oh boy has there been so much buzz around it. I don't think I've heard a single bad thing about either of these books and I really wish I had gotten around to Strange the Dreamer so that I could understand why everyone loves it so much! 2019 is definitely going to be a good reading year for me, I can already tell.



3. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid
Another book that you can't turn a corner without someone screaming at you to read this. But I don't feel like the hype is unwarranted with this! I've heard so many people say that this is one of their favorite books of both the year and of all-time so it really has me interested in just what the heck this book is about. I know, I'll say that I'll get to it and then just completely forget. But I don't think I'll be able to do that with this one.



4. Kingdom of Ash by Sarah J. Maas
Okay, I think there's a trend with the books on this list because again, another book that the community is screaming about. I do wish I had read this final book in the Throne of Glass series this year but...I can't. Not because I don't want to, but because I haven't even read the first book yet. But I really want to get to it next year because everyone talks about this series and how good it is (along with the A Court of Thorns and Roses series) and I really want to read it and see for myself.


I think this is a book I haven't read yet simply because I don't have the pretty UK cover that I want. Like, I know that's ridiculous, but I am obsessed with this cover. I really enjoy Brandon Sanderson's writing (what little I have actually read of it) so I know I'm going to like this, I just don't have the edition that I want. It's silly and I accept that. But yes, this is a space book and I'm all about some space books lately (probably because I'm writing a space book) so I know this is going to be an easy 4-5 star read for me.
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for day thirteen of #Project14Lists! These are some of the many books that are coming with me to my 2019 TBR but I think that they're some really great books that I can't wait to get to. I'd love to know some of the books that you wish you had read in 2018 and that you're planning to read in 2019 so let me know in the comments! Tomorrow is the final day of #Project14Lists and I'm so sad but also so happy to have gotten to the final day! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow for the last day of #Project14Lists!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Skyward is going to be my third read of the year! I cannot wait to read it. I hope you get to read all these books this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D