#Project14Lists Day 12: 6 Authors I Want to Read in 2019!

3:05:00 PM


Hi hello and welcome to day 12 of #Project14Lists! Today, I am going to be talking about six authors that I want to read in 2019. Some of these authors, I have read a book or part of a book from, but I really want to get to some more of their books because I've heard such good things about all of them. I know a lot of them are pretty popular in the bookish community so of course I have to hop on the hype train! Let's get started!
_________________________________________________________________________________

I've only read one book by Leigh Bardugo, which is Six of Crows, but I absolutely loved it. In 2019, I plan to participate in a readathon of the Grisha trilogy so that I can finally read these books and see why everyone talks about them so much. I also plan to read Crooked Kingdom because apparently it's really good and, well, it's the sequel to Six of Crows so obviously I need to read it. Also, I want to be caught up and prepared for King of Scars when it comes out!


Okay, so technically I have read approximately one and a half Brandon Sanderson books. I read the first Mistborn book and half of the second but for some reason, I just never continued? I still don't know why because I absolutely LOVED the first book. But I really want to finish the series and pick up some of his other books like Skyward and The Way of Kings!


I've heard two of my favorite Booktubers/bookish people (Caz from Little Book Owl and Piera from Piera Forde) rave about this author and the series, The Faithful and the Fallen, a lot recently and I've really been looking for a new long fantasy series to get lost in. These books sound so great and I really want to get to any of John Gwynne's books in the new year!


I've heard some really great things about Daughter of the Burning City and Ace of Shades so I'd really like to pick up at the very least Daughter of the Burning City in the new year. I think it sounds right up my alley in terms of what I like to read and also, that UK cover is just beautiful.


Illuminae is one of my favorite books so it just makes sense to me to want to read more from both authors. I already love Jay Kristoff's books so I'd like to read more from Amie Kaufman next year! I know, both of the books shown are co-written with Meagan Spooner, but I think I'd still get a good sense of Amie Kaufman's writing with these books!


It's no secret that Rick Riordan is a very popular author in the book community. My younger brother read all of his books when he was little and somehow I just never got a chance to pick them up. But seriously, I see people talking about his books everywhere I look so I'd really like to take the plunge and read at the very least the Percy Jackson series in 2019.
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for day twelve of #Project14Lists! Hopefully, I talked about some authors that I haven't already gushed over a ton and maybe even introduced someone to a new author they haven't thought of checking out before. Highly unlikely as all of these authors are pretty well-known, but hey, who knows! I'd love to know some of the authors that you would like to read in 2019 so be sure to leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you tomorrow for another day of #Project14Lists!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I will be reading Skyward in 2019 too! I've heard so much about Brandon Sanderson but somehow have never read anything by him. But I have a copy of Skyward thanks to Fairyloot so I'm excited! My best friend says it's a really good book. Also I'm super excited you're planning to read These Broken Stars. The Starbound Trilogy is one of my favourite series ever, and I cannot wait to read Unearthed myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D