Halloween Book Tag!

10:25:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to the Halloween Book Tag! Yes, I know it's only September. No, it's not too early to be posting this. Halloween is my favorite holiday and I always start getting into the mood to read horror/spooky books around...well, I'm always reading those kinds of books! But when September hits, something awakens in my soul and screams Halloween, so here we are. This tag was created by TheLibraryofSarah so be sure and go check out her video! Let's get spooky!
_________________________________________________________________________________
1. Favorite horror book?


This was a tough one but I absolutely love The Girl From the Well by Rin Chupeco. I read a lot of mixed reviews on it before I actually picked it up, but I am so glad I finally sat down and read it. It's definitely spooky and gory and those are two things that I love in a good horror book. This is actually a YA book but it gave me a good spook every so often! The sequel, The Suffering, is set in one of my favorite haunted locations- Aokigahara, also known as the Suicide Forest in Japan. I just love both of these books so much and am definitely due for a re-read this season!

2. Scariest moment in a book you've read?

I don't get spooked easily when it comes to books, but Gerald's Game by Stephen King freaked me the heck out. I don't want to give away any spoilers for those that haven't read this book yet, but all I will say is I don't do well with dark corners in my room anymore. 

3. Would you/have you ever dressed up as a book character for Halloween?

For those that may not know, I'm also a cosplayer! I actually recently made Mia Corvere's outfit from the Darkdawn cover for a convention (but then worked too hard and didn't actually wear it oops) in Atlanta. So, yes, I would definitely dress up as a book character for Halloween!

4. What do you think your favorite character would dress up as for Halloween?

Sallot Leon, my precious amazing gender-fluid assassin, would probably dress up like an assassin. I'd lean towards Edward Kenway from Assassin's Creed: Black Flag. Mostly because I think that Sal running around as a pirate would be the best ever.

5. What is your favorite kind of horror? (gore, psychological thriller, spooky)


Honestly, I love all types of horror. But I really love all-out gore fests. The more blood, the better. Although, I can get behind a good psychological thriller. Please give me a book that just messes with my mind and turns everything I thought I knew upside down! No really, I'm open to recommendations. 

6. If books were as cheap as candy, which ones would you give out to trick-or-treaters?

Goosebumps! I had a huge collection of them (and now I want to figure out where they went because y'all, these are classics) and used to love watching the TV show. These are a great intro to some spooky books that aren't too scary but will definitely get you interested in more horror related reads!

7. Halloween to-read list?


These are just a few of the books I plan to read during this spooky season!

8. Recommend some Halloween reads!
Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for the Halloween Book Tag! Let me know some of your answers to the questions in the comments below. I'm always on the lookout for more Halloween/spooky reads! This definitely isn't the last Halloween related book tag you'll be seeing from me so be sure to stick around if this is something you like to read about! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D