WWW Wednesday: 03 May 2023

12:00:00 PM

 

Hi hello and welcome to WWW Wednesday! This was formerly hosted by MizB at A Daily Rhythm and revived on Taking on a World of Words. This is a really fun and easy weekly post where you answer the three W’s:  what are you currently reading, what did you recently finish reading, and what do you think you’ll read next? Let’s get started!
___________________________________________________________________________

What are you currently reading?

Lavender House by Lev A.C. Rosen! I'm a few chapters in and can already tell that this is going to be a fantastic book. Think Knives Out but historical and queer. It's so good so far and I love the main character, Evander (or Andy as I just found out he's usually called) so I'm really excited to continue reading! And I just discovered this is the first book in a series, with the sequel coming out in October, which makes me incredibly happy!

What did you recently finish reading?

Looking Glass Sound by Catriona Ward. I'm convinced that every book I read from her is going to be a five star book. I do not care what it's about, if she writes it, I will read it. This book was so twisty and weird and it was everything I had hoped it would be. By the end, I was reading with my jaw on the floor in shock because of the rollercoaster ride that I was being taken on. I think it won't be a book for everyone but that once it finds its audience, it'll get a lot of love and praise!

What do you think you'll read next?
The Bell in the Fog by Lev A.C. Rosen is the sequel to Lavender House! I found it on NetGalley and immediately requested it because I already know that I'm going to want to read book two when I finish Lavender House. I don't know if I'll get approved or not but I'm crossing my fingers!

The Fiancée Farce by Alexandria Bellefleur has been popping up all over my TikTok page and I've heard such good things about it! A romance cover model and a book seller with a marriage of convivence? I'm sold. Plus, just look at that cover!

Everyone in My Family Has Killed Someone by Benjamin Stevenson sounds like a great murder mystery book and I've been in the mood (clearly, based on me reading Lavender House currently) for that genre! Kayla from BooksandLala had really good things to say about this one and I trust her recommendations, so I think this would be a great next read!

Ex-Boogeyman by Kristopher Triana has been on my TBR for a bit and it sounds like a great slasher extreme horror book. I haven't read an extreme horror in a while and this one keeps catching my eye, mostly because the tagline of "He's not Freddy, he's not Jason...he's all washed up!" makes me laugh every time I see it. I've only read Gone to See the River Man by Kristopher Triana and that was...an experience, so I'm interested in giving him another try!
___________________________________________________________________________
And that does it for this WWW Wednesday post! I've really been enjoying the books that I've picked up recently and I'm hoping to continue that trend the rest of the week. How is your reading going this week? Have you picked up anything new? Are any of the books I mentioned today on your TBR? Which book should I pick up next? I'd love to know so be sure to leave me a comment below and we can chat! Don't forget to visit Taking On a World of Words and see Sam's post for the week, and maybe check out some others awesome weekly posts from the comments! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D