Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag!

11:01:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to the Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag! It's the middle of the year and I've been seeing this tag everywhere recently, so I figured I would hop on the bandwagon. Let's get started!

Best book you’ve read so far in 2017
Heartless by Marissa Meyer. This was a tough one, but Heartless stood out the most to me when thinking of an answer to this question. I went through a roller coaster of emotions while reading this and I loved it so very much, so this definitely is one of my top 2017 reads.

Best sequel you've read so far in 2017


P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han. I binge read the trilogy and I just absolutely adored everything about it. My favorite is probably the first, but this was an A+ sequel, for sure!

New release you haven't read yet, but want to


A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas. I haven't even read the first two but I'm dying to read this. I think it's a case of instant cover love because, seriously, this cover is beautiful.

Most anticipated release for the second half of the year


Warcross by Marie Lu and There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins. It's a tie between these two but I cannot contain my excitement. Video games and classic horror? Yes please.

Biggest disappointment


Shattered Blue by Lauren Bird Horowitz. Honestly, I don't even want to talk about it. This book was just not for me and I would not recommend it.

Biggest surprise


The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel. Dark, twisted, and right up my alley.

Favourite new author (Debut or new to you)


Roshani Chokshi. Her writing is beautiful and sparked my new love for Indian culture! Ever since I read A Crown of Wishes, I've been trying to read more books that talk about Indian culture because it was so fascinating and I wanted to learn more about it.

Newest fictional crush


Xan from the Sphinx series by Raye Wagner. Honestly, I don't get fictional crushes, and I'm not necessarily crushing on Xan. But his character was so fantastic and I just loved his relationship with Hope and how much he cares for her and takes care of her without hesitation. The two of them had the best friendship I've ever read about and I'm so happy I had the chance to read about them.

Newest favourite character


Dimple from When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon. She's such a sassy, independent, smart, strong character and I really think we need more characters like this in YA books.

Book that made you cry


Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han. Two Lara Jean books? Yes, two. And you're lying if you say this book didn't make you cry. 

Book that made you happy


Violet Grenade by Victoria Scott. This book was so deliciously twisted and I loved every second of it.

Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received)


We Are Okay by Nina LaCour. I haven't bought it, but I've read it, so that counts, right? But seriously, this cover is just beyond beautiful and is probably one of my top favorite covers of 2017.

What books do you need to read by the end of the year?


Two books that just came to mind are Replica and Ringer by Lauren Oliver. But really, is this a trick question? All of the books! Seriously, I have an ever growing TBR and to try and sit down and list all of the books I need to read by the end of 2017 is going to take forever. 
_________________________________________________________________________________

Let me know in the comments some of your answers to this tag! I'd love to hear what the best book you've read so far this year is. Definitely not so I can add it to my TBR, though. Not at all. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D