Kpop Book Tag: The Comeback

6:00:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to the Kpop Book Tag: The Comeback! I figure since (almost) every kpop group gets a comeback, why not the kpop inspired book tag? In this second version, I've included some newer songs and maybe even some hidden gems that not everyone may listen to very often. I also made another playlist with all of the songs included in this tag and linked the songs in the titles of each prompt in case anyone is interested in listening to the songs that inspired this tag!
_________________________________________________________________________________

1. Red Velvet- Psycho
A character that drives you absolutely crazy (in a good or bad way!)
 

For this, I'm going with Cardan from The Cruel Prince by Holly Black. He's so good at being, well, cruel but he also has a sweet-ish side to him and it really just drives me insane when I'm reading anything about him. Although, the ending of The Queen of Nothing had me in tears and honestly nothing will make me stop loving Cardan ever.

An author duo you weren't expecting to love but can't get enough of

Is it any surprise that my answer is Jay Kristoff and Amie Kauffman? I read Illuminae and Gemina finally and just fell in love so hard. And then Aurora Rising came out and just exploded my world which I was not prepared for but was absolutely okay with. I will absolutely read anything this duo puts out forever.

A book that you can't get out of your head

The Vanishing Deep by Astrid Scholte. I feel like no one really talked about this book for some reason and I cannot figure out why. I finished this recently and it made me bawl my eyes out! It was so beautiful and I loved it so much and I cannot stop thinking about it.

A book that deserved all of the hype it received 

Ninth House by Leigh Bardugo. To be fair, there was a lot of mixed hype around this book, but there was hype nonetheless. I think I have a soft spot for it as it was my first group read that I had ever done and it just made me enjoy the book so much more. But really, it was an amazing book and I'm going to stay on the hype train for the sequel!

A book that made you emotional when you read it for the first time

Going back to The Vanishing Deep with this one. It seriously had me crying while reading the last few pages and I haven't had such an emotional response to a book in forever it feels like. I really loved it and it makes me emotional just thinking about it.

Your favorite unpopular book

Wicked Saints by Emily A. Duncan. I don't know if this is necessarily unpopular, but it has a ton of mixed reviews ranging from "Oh my god I loved it" to "DNF I couldn't even finish it" so...possibly unpopular? But I'm in the "Oh my god I loved it" category, personally. I really did love it and I'm obsessed with the world and the characters and the plot twist at the end had me screaming.

A book with a beautiful cover

The cover for The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab. When I say I cried when I saw it, I mean I cried ugly tears. That cover is everything I never knew I wanted and it's one of the most beautiful covers I have ever seen. 

Your favorite morally grey book character

Victor Vale from my favorite book of all-time, Vicious by V.E. Schwab. This probably isn't a surprise as I tend to mention that book or the character in literally every book tag ever, but how can I not?

An author you discovered by accident and now you're obsessed

Laurel Chase! I can't remember how I came across her books but after I got pretty far into the Haret Chronicles series, I did end up realizing that I had done a blog post about Piece of Shifter back in 2018! It was so random and I can't believe I had forgotten, but now I'm absolutely obsessed with her writing!

A book you read that you wish you could say goodbye to

Heroine by Mindy McGinnis. And not necessarily because the book was bad, it was actually an incredible read, but because it hit me in some places that I wasn't prepared to be hit in. I guess I should have realized what I was getting into when I read the synopsis, but I just got super emotional and it felt very personal while I was reading it. So, I do recommend it but with caution, if you're sensitive to drug addiction topics.

A book (or books!) you would want as a birthday present


A sequel that was just as good as the first book

The Wicked King by Holly Black. Honestly, I think all three books are incredible but this one might be my favorite of the trilogy. It has one of the most insane cliffhangers ever and it's just such a good continuation of the story. Jude and Cardan are toxic and insane but I love them so much and the story is one of my absolute favorites.

A book or author that makes you happy when you read it/from them

Riley Sager, hands down. I read Final Girls as an ARC in 2017 and absolutely loved it. I've currently read every book he's released and he has yet to disappoint me. With every book I read from him, it becomes more and more solidified that he is an absolutely incredible thriller author and one of my all-time favorite authors!

A book you love from a genre you don't typically read

Somewhere Only We Know by Maurene Goo. You had to know that I would include a kpop book in here somehow! This is a contemporary book, which is a genre I do not typically read, but oh my goodness I adored this book so much. It was so cute and fun and I couldn't get enough of it!
_________________________________________________________________________________

And that's it for the Kpop Book Tag: The Comeback! I had so much fun putting this tag together and hopefully, I was able to introduce you to some new kpop songs that you might not have heard before. I would love to see some of your answers and maybe even reactions to the songs that are included in this tag! Don't forget, I put an entire playlist together if you just want to check out the songs that each prompt is based on. If you end up doing this tag, please be sure to link back to this post as the original and send me a link so that I can check out your answers! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D