#SummerScaries Book Tag!

10:45:00 PM



Hi hello and welcome to the #SummerScaries book tag created by Penguin Teen! This tag was created to celebrate the release of the newest book in The Merciless series, The Merciless IV: Last Rites by Danielle Vega, which comes out on 12 June 2018. For more information on the series, click here! I saw this tag done by emmmabooks on BookTube (be sure and check out her video here!) and could not resist doing this tag once I found out it featured all spooky questions. Any books that I've reviewed on my blog will be linked in the title if you'd like to see my thoughts on them. Let's get started!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Specter: A book that still haunts you after reading it

This would definitely have to be Down Among the Sticks and Bones by Seanan McGuire! I am still haunted (in the best way) by this book long after finishing it. It's easily my favorite in the Wayward Children series so far and was my number one read of 2017.

 Don't split up: A book you would want to read around a campfire with friends

If you haven't read The Merciless by Danielle Vega then where in the world have you been?! This book took me by surprise and the end had me flailing around in shock! It's creepy and gory and a perfect around the campfire read.

 Ghost: A book you would like to ghost

If You Dare by A.R. Torre. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Deanna Madden. The Girl in 6E is one of my favorite reads and I absolutely flew through this trilogy. But this last book just...was not my favorite. It didn't give me the same feelings that the first book gave me and I just couldn't say that I loved it as much. 

 Frankenstein: A book that mixes genres well

There's Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins. While this wasn't my absolute favorite YA horror book, it's definitely one that sticks out in my mind when I think about a book that has mixed genres. This would be contemporary and horror and I think it did a decent job blending the two together. Again, not my favorite, but memorable for sure!

 Murder: A book with a twist you didn't see coming

Final Girls by Riley Sager. I'm a huge fan of all things horror and reading this book made me feel like I was reading a horror movie script. I absolutely flew through this and the twist at the end had me literally screaming! Riley Sager is an insta-read author for me after this masterpiece.

 Zombie: A book or series you would like to revive from the BookTube graveyard

Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake. I don't see this book talked about nearly enough! It may have been popular back in the day, but I only just recently read it last year and would love to see it come back from the dead.

 Witch: A horror book with a strong female protagonist

Okiku from The Girl From the Well by Rin Chupeco. She's a ghost that hunts and kills bad people (murderers, child rapists, abusers, etc.). I read this book last year and just fell in love with the strength that Okiku shows in this book. This is definitely one you don't want to miss if you're a fan of YA horror books!

 Mind Control: A spooky book you would recommend to everyone

Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh. This counts as spooky, right? It has to do with zombie-like creatures and necromancers and it can get a bit creepy at times! But this is hands down in my top reads of 2018 and I recommend this book to any and everyone. If you haven't read it, go pick it up and get to reading!
_________________________________________________________________________________

This was such a fun tag to do and it really put me in the mood for some spooky books! Let me know in the comments some of your favorite horror books. If you've read any of the books I listed above, I'd love to know your thoughts on them! Be sure to keep an eye out for my review of The Merciless IV: Last Rites coming on 19 June 2018! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D