Top 10 Books of 2017!

3:37:00 PM


Hi hello and welcome to 2018! Today, I'm going to be talking about my top ten reads from 2017. I read 97 books in total last year, just three short of my goal of 100, so narrowing it down to ten favorites was not easy, but I'm super excited to share them all. Before we get started, I want to note that these are in no particular order except for the number one book. Also, any books that have reviews will be linked if you're interested in seeing my thoughts on a particular book. With that being said, let's get started!

10. Stillhouse Lake by Rachel Caine



Rachel Caine is my favorite author so this should be no surprise that this is on here! I absolutely devoured this book and loved every bit of it. It was everything I could have wanted and more and I am so excited to read the sequel, Killman Creek!

9. Fates and Furies by Raye Wagner


Fates and Furies is probably my favorite book series finale ever. Raye Wagner did a fantastic job concluding this series in such a satisfying way and while I do miss these characters and could definitely read a dozen more books about them, I absolutely love the way things wrapped up.

8. Heir to Russia by Megan Linski


If you've read my blog for a bit you know that I've never read a bad book by Megan Linski and that I tend to go over the top with praise while reviewing her books. No shame, the girl can write a really good book. She consistently blows me away with every book I read by her and Heir to Russia was no exception. This was definitely another series finale done right!

7. The Merciless by Danielle Vega


This is a book that I had heard about and had been wanting to read for quite some time but never got around to it. I honestly can't remember what prompted me to pick this up finally, but I'm so glad I did. Seriously, I spent the entire book smiling and laughing at how fantastic it was. Cheesy? Sure, but that just made me love it more. I flew through it and both sequels in no time and am now not-so-patiently awaiting the fourth book!

6. The Girl from the Well by Rin Chupeco


Another book I picked up on a whim and fell instantly in love with. The writing was so creepy and well-done, and I absolutely loved reading from Okiku's perspective. This was another book I flew through and picked up the sequel and flew through that as well. I'm gonna need more books about Okiku, please. 

5. The Lara Jean trilogy by Jenny Han


Okay, I may have cheated on this one, but can you blame me?! This was a trilogy I read in two days because I just could not get enough of Lara Jean. I'm not a huge fan of contemporary books, but something about this series just grabbed me and didn't let go. I can easily say this is my all-time favorite contemporary series, and definitely one of my favorite trilogies!



It's no secret that I'm a huge fan of all things horror, so a book about a girl that essentially survived a horror movie was right up my alley. I went into this with high expectations and was not disappointed! Riley Sager became an insta-buy author for me with this book and I cannot wait to read his next book, The Last Time I Lied!

3. Heartless by Marissa Meyer


This was easily one of my top reads of 2017. It was such a beautiful and heartbreaking book that just crushed my soul and has stuck with me long after I finished reading it. If I were to re-read any book this year, Heartless would be the first book I would reach for!

2. Mask of Shadows by Linsey Miller


This was almost my favorite book of 2017. Like, it definitely deserves to be sitting right next to my number one read but because I can't have two number one reads, here it sits at number two. Sal stole my heart and I loved reading about them and the intense audition that they went through and I am just living for this book. I cannot wait for the next one and truly feel that it will easily win the number one spot on my 2018 reads list. Hands down, Mask of Shadows is one of my all-time favorite books ever.



And my number one read of 2017 is Down Among the Sticks and Bones. This book just...blew me away. I can't even begin to describe how much this book affected me. It made me laugh and cry and fall in love with the characters and their world and it was without a doubt the best book I read all year. Seanan McGuire has become an author that I will probably be reading anything she puts out because I've just fallen in love with her writing. It's beautiful and lyrical and unlike any other author I've ever read. I'm so excited for Beneath the Sugar Sky but I genuinely feel like this one will always hold the number one spot of the Wayward Children series. If you haven't read this series, I highly recommend you pick it up soon and get ready for Beneath the Sugar Sky coming soon!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Whew, what a fantastic reading year 2017 was! While I didn't meet my 100 books goal, I'm still very satisfied that I was able to read 97 books last year. Narrowing it down to 10 was pretty difficult, but these are definitely some of the best books I read. Let me know what some of your favorite books of 2017 were and one book you want to get to in 2018! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i really enjoyed the girl from the well too, and i've been wanting to read the merciless for years! this year i will definitely well.

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D