Summer Biannual Bibliothon 2017- Day Six: 25 Bookish Facts About Me

10:12:00 AM


Hi hello and welcome to day six of the Summer Biannual Bibliothon 2017! For those that don't know, the Biannual Bibliothon is held twice a year and is hosted by some pretty amazing ladies from the BookTube community: Kelly, Brittni, Emma, Catriona, Momo, Kassie, and Red! Be sure to go and check out all of their channels as well as the Biannual Bibliothon channel for more information and the video/reading challenges. Today, the blogger challenge is being hosted by Mary from Wolf Girl Reads and it is to post 25 bookish facts about yourself! Be sure to visit Mary's blog for more about today's challenge if you're interested in participating. Let's get started!
_________________________________________________________________________________

1. I will never dog-ear my book pages. It's book abuse and I refuse to do it!

2. I've only recently (within the past year) started liking e-books. My Kindle is filled with tons of e-books that I will probably never get to, oops.

3. I've finally learned how to read multiple books at once! It's a huge accomplishment for me and I've been able to get through so many more books because of it.

4. I can't read in the car because it makes me super sick but that doesn't stop me from trying.

5. I've had my book blog since January 2014 and just recently reached 200 posts!

6. I loaned out my signed, personalized copies of Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse to two friends six years ago and I still haven't gotten them back. I will never loan out books again.

7. If I start a series in hardback/paperback, then I have to have all the rest of the books in the series in that form. I've made an exception for Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampires series, but only because she's my favorite author.

8. I've already read over 60 books in 2017 and surpassed my Goodreads goal of 60 books! It's a large mix of e-book and physical books and I'm so proud of myself for not only achieving my goal, but continuing to surpass it daily.

9. I don't like audio books. I may be one of the few but I just don't feel like I can follow along with it very well. Maybe I'll try one day, but for now, I'll stick to reading with my eyeballs. Snaps for anyone who can listen to audio books and follow the story, though!

10. I never make a concrete TBR for myself. When picking a new book, I generally go by what I feel like I want to read. I don't understand how people can actually set a monthly TBR and stick to it.

11. I like to read either in my computer chair or on the bed but I always have to have a blanket on me. I don't care that it's Summer and reaches upwards of 95+ degrees outside, I need a blanket.

12. Sometimes I like to listen to Rainy Mood while I read but most of the time I just have the TV on low in the background or even try and watch a few Booktube videos while reading.

13. I also like to read while playing video games! I generally read while my League of Legends games are loading and will also read while dead and waiting to respawn.

14. I tried to make a Booktube channel but I'm just too awkward, so now I just do the Bookstagram and book blogger thing.

15. I consider bookmarks to be a wide range of things. For example, grocery store receipts, candy wrappers, straw wrappers, scrap paper, the cover of the book I'm reading (if it's a hardback), yarn, scrap fabric. Everything is a bookmark if you just believe. Just don't dog ear the pages. Ever.

16. I still haven't read any books by Sarah J. Maas and I feel like that's like, sacrilegious to say in the book community. Don't burn me at the stake!

17. My favorite Harry Potter book is Goblet of Fire and if I could, I would skip Order of the Phoenix entirely. Sirius dying just kills me every time. Also don't like the OotP film that much but it's the one I've watched the most because it's on OnDemand. Thanks, Xfinity, I guess.

18. I came up with the name Under the Book Cover thinking I was super clever because, where is the story? Under the cover of the book! But then I found out someone else had the blog name Under the Covers Book Blog and then didn't feel so clever. But my name has stuck and I don't plan on changing it even though there's a blog with a similar name out there.

19. My favorite Stephen King book is Cell and I've never read the Dark Tower series. I already know the ending and I don't know if I'm prepared to read all the way through and get that ending.

20. I just recently found out that To All the Boys I've Loved Before is being made into a movie and I cried because it's one of my favorite reads of 2017. Lara Jean is a little cinnamon roll and she inspires me to improve my baking skills. Also, Kitty is fantastic.

21. I feel like if I just sit down and finally read Fangirl that I'll understand the hype. I've always wanted to find a character that I related to and Cath feels like that character even though I've never read the book. Or any Rainbow Rowell book, for that matter.

22. I use corgi's in my book reviews in place of stars because corgi's are much cuter than stars. I also put a waving corgi at the bottom of a lot of my posts. He doesn't have a name yet, but he will one day!

23. I've always told myself that if I ever have a child in the future and it's a girl, I'm going to name her either Molly or Lily. Why? Molly Weasley and Lily Potter. Hashtag HP obsessed, right?

24. It really frustrates me that my Kindle won't tell me what page I'm on but instead tells me what % into the book I'm at currently. Is it too much to just tell me the page number?!

25. If I were to ever get a bookish tattoo (I won't/can't because I have a phobia of needles) it would be the Deathly Hallows. Not very original, but Harry Potter means a lot to me and it would be nice to carry that around with me forever. I also wouldn't be able to handle a tattoo because I can't handle putting stickers on things because I think about how it's now there permanently and I can't remove it ever and it makes me anxious and incredibly nauseous just thinking about it. That's not really a bookish fact, but that's me!
_________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for my Summer Biannual Bibliothon day six post! Leave me a comment below telling me a bookish fact or two about yourself. I love getting to know my readers better so please don't be shy and come say hi. Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you in the next chapter!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. You are missing out on Sarah J maas books girl, you need to read them asap. Follow me and i'll follow you back....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Hopefully one day I'll get to them! :D

      Delete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D