#LoveAThon: Mini Challenge #2: Mix & Match

1:13:00 PM

Hi hello and welcome to the second mini-challenge of the #LoveAThon! This one is Mix & Match from Kristin at Super Space Chick.

We all love books, but there are other things we’re passionate about too! All you’ve got to do is mash-up a non-bookish hobby/passion/talent/fandom with your bookish life. Do it through photos, collages, or videos. Get as creative as you’d like to!

Bear with me on this one. When you're reading a good book, you can really feel it. You get into the story, immerse yourself in the world, get attached to the characters. This book has become real to you. Video games are the same way for me, personally. Because I read so much, I'm able to immerse myself into the story line of a video game so much easier. I allow myself to fully dive into the world that I'm playing in and get invested in what's happening to these characters. Reading a scary book and playing a scary game both give me this feeling of happiness that I love feeling. I love being scared, whether it's through words or visuals. 
In recent memory, Gerald's Game by Stephen King gave me the creeps for quite a while after reading it. I really felt like I was trapped in the room with the main character, seeing what she was seeing. Currently, I'm playing the remastered original Resident Evil game and boy oh boy am I constantly scared! Every noise sounds like a zombie to me and I'm pretty sure I just created like, five new Crimson Heads, so I'm pretty scared to progress. But it's because I get so into the story and what's happening with Jill (yes, I picked the girl) that I get that scared. Reading has allowed me to appreciate the stories woven into video games so much more and I'm able to enjoy them on a completely different level than if I was just playing the game just because.
_________________________________________________________________________________

This post definitely helped me to appreciate reading more! I didn't have anything else to pair with reading that I felt as strongly about, so I tried to make this a good one. Let me know what your bookish/non-bookish combo would be! See you in the next #LoveAThon post!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I love this pairing! I totally agree about video games. It's a similar immersive experience to reading a book, and I quite enjoy both :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D