Book Review: ReMade Episode Ten: Mirror of Fate by Gwenda Bond

7:18:00 AM

Title: ReMade Episode Ten: Mirror of Fate
Author: Gwenda Bond
Pages: 29
Genre: YA Science Fiction
Release Date: 16 November 2016

From Goodreads: "You live. You love. You Die. Now RUN. ReMade is a thrilling sci-fi adventure that will take readers past the boundaries of time, space, and even death.

This is the 10th episode of ReMade, a 15-episode serial from Serial Box Publishing. This episode was written by Gwenda Bond.

Seyah makes a discovery to the delight of the whole group and gains some time to reflect. With her dreams of Broadway dashed with her untimely death, she can only wonder what the future holds…and if a special someone has already been cast as her co-star.

ReMade Season One: In one moment the lives of twenty-three teenagers are forever changed, and it’s not just because they all happen to die. “ReMade” in a world they barely recognize – one with robots, space elevators, and unchecked jungle – they must work together to survive. They came from different places, backgrounds, and families, and now they might be the last people on earth. Lost meets The Maze Runner in exciting serial adventure."

Thank you to NetGalley and Serial Box for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for review!

My brain can't even process that I've already read ten episodes of ReMade. I'm not ready for it to be over because I've grown so attached to this world and the characters in it. But here we are, episode ten, with only five more episodes to go!

Mirror of Fate follows Seyah, whose dreams of being a Broadway star have been cut short by her accident with Holden. Now she can only dream of what could have been and focus on the present. Now that the group has found a potential safe haven in the distance, they have to decide on whether or not it's safe to make their way to it or stay away. While Seyah is trying to take a moment alone, Holden decides to travel with her, and the two make a discovery that boosts the morale of the group significantly. Finally, with a moment to breathe safely and relax, Seyah wonders what lies ahead for the group and herself, and if she already has a co-star in one of her group members.

I feel like this was a really good transition episode with a decent amount of insight into a character that I was on the fence about for a large majority of the series. Seyah was a character that I only knew of because of the first episode, and after that initial premiere, she was more of a background character. I liked that we got a look into her background, especially regarding her parents. It was fascinating to learn about the extravagant Persian weddings and the tradition of the mirror of fate. Also, I adored the fact that she had a dream of being on Broadway and loved being in theatre in high school. As a high school theatre geek myself, it was nice to have something to connect to with Seyah as a character. She was incredibly passionate about being on Broadway someday, despite her fears of her parents not supporting her when it came to her dreams. I definitely admired her dedication to her dreams, but I still find myself on the fence when I try to think about how I feel about her as a character.

This episode was written by Gwenda Bond and I was very excited to read more from her after finishing Girl in the Shadows a while back. I really enjoyed her writing and was eager to see what she would write when it came to the world of ReMade. While I am still unsure as to how I feel about Seyah, I definitely enjoyed reading Gwenda's writing and think that she did a great job moving the story forward and giving a previously flat character more depth. Her writing is very pleasant to read and has just the right amount of description to allow the reader to feel like they're in the world with Seyah and the group. Gwenda Bond certainly has a way of grabbing the reader and taking them on an exciting ride through the world and I thoroughly enjoyed the ride. By the end, I was excited to read that they had decided to move forward to the mysterious city to see what it was all about!

Mirror of Fate is a wonderful calm before the inevitable storm. It expands upon the current story and gives readers a refreshing new view on a character that has been in the background. The ending allowed for much speculation about where the series will go from here and I can't wait to see what potential danger or salvation the city holds!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D