Book Review: ReMade Episode Four- The Most Dangerous Game by E.C. Myers

4:01:00 AM

Title: ReMade Episode Four: The Most Dangerous Game
Author: E.C. Myers
Pages: 44
Genre: YA Science Fiction
Release Date: 05 October 2016

From Goodreads: "You live. You love. You die. Now RUN. ReMade.

Every minute, 108 people die. 
On October 14th, 2016, from 9:31-9:32 p.m. EDT, 23 of those deaths will be teenagers. 
Now they are humanity’s last hope for survival. 

Awakened in a post-apocalyptic world and hunted by mechanical horrors, these teens search for answers amidst the ruins of civilization. Fate, love, and loyalty face off in this adrenaline -pumping YA adventure.

ReMade will unfold across 15 episodes. "The Most Dangerous Game" is the fourth episode.

Respawning in an unfamiliar place with no resources, weapons, or fuel sounds like a gamer’s nightmare – and Loki knows a thing or two about those. As the group tries to navigate finding food, creating shelter, and staying calm in a jungle with killer robots, he can’t help but wish for a reset button that takes him back – though he knows more than anyone that his life hasn’t been great for the last several checkpoints. When a new predator begins to stalk the survivors he sees his chance to prove himself in the real world, but he’s pretty sure he’s already used his one life in this game.

This episode written by E. C. Myers."

Thank you to NetGalley and Serial Box for providing me with a copy of this book in exchange for review!

Episode four of ReMade opens with Loki, who is keeping watch over a base camp that is being watched by a tiger. Loki is a gamer who was not the most popular person in his previous life, but is now able to put his years of gaming to use creating strategies, gathering and creating weapons, and finding suitable places to set up camp. In this episode, we get to follow Loki and a few other characters as they devise a plan to get rid of the tiger that is stalking their group. A few familiar faces from episode one make an appearance, as well as what I assume are characters from episodes two and three, which I have not read yet, and you get a bit more insight into what is happening to these teenagers after they have woken up and escaped from the space base. With the tiger stalking the group and getting progressively closer, will Loki be able to use his skills to help save the group?

Something I really enjoyed about this episode was that the reader gets even more of a look into the past and what lead up to the main character of the episode ending up where they are currently. You get to experience both the current story, which is what is happening at the base and with the tiger, and you also get some of Loki's backstory and you get to learn what happened to him that lead to him dying and waking up again. While it was certainly a very sad story, it was one that I believe that many readers can identify with and understand. It did, however, have a somewhat happy ending where Loki got to take charge and lead the group to help take out the tiger. Being able to be a leader and use his skills really seemed to fit well with Loki and I really hope we get to see him more in future episodes so we can see how he's progressing!

The Most Dangerous Game was a wonderful continuation of the ReMade series. It's a very smooth transition from episode to episode and E.C. Myers does a fantastic job of continuing to build upon the world that has already been created. I was really able to connect with Loki, as I'm sure many readers will be able to, and that was something that made my reading experience that much better. With this serialized novel, I was wondering just how well each story would fit together with the various authors and their different writing styles, but so far I am incredibly satisfied at how well these stories fit together. Having only read two, I feel like I only have a small idea of how well written and connected this series will be, but I am very excited to see what direction the future episodes go!

One thing that I'd like to point out is that I have not yet read episodes two and three and I feel as though I've missed a few things that do pop up in episode four. It's not much, but I think there were some things that happened in two and three that they reference in this one and I felt a bit lost at first when I started reading episode four. Just as a little note, I'd make sure to read each episode in order so that you don't miss any information and are able to have a seamless reading experience.

All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed this next installment and can't wait to continue reading and see where the story goes. Be sure to pick up The Most Dangerous Game, episode four of the ReMade series to continue your journey through this incredibly fascinating and gripping world!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you so much for checking out my post! I'd love to chat, so please feel free to leave a comment :D